• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA's Art's beats &....fight

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Sounds familar. Well done California. Except below.

http://www.easyreadernews.com/2010/09/news/manhattan-beach/guns-cleared-annual-festival

Though the guns that will be holstered to dozens of people at this weekend’s Hometown Fair won’t be loaded, the debate over the right to carry them has been.

Despite initial warnings from Hometown Fair Board members and the Manhattan Beach Police Department that people with firearms at the event would be arrested, volunteers of South Bay Open Carry (SBOC) made it clear that they will not leave their guns at home, citing their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

A quarrel over guns at the event began with the fair board threatening arrests.
“They are opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit,” Harley Green, founder of SBOC, said on Monday. “My hope is that by Oct. 2, they will have done their research and uphold the law. If they do arrest, they will be hit with major civil rights lawsuits. There are volunteers with attorneys lined up that will sue if they are so much as touched for legally open carrying.”

The 38-year-old fair, held near American Martyrs Catholic Church, is put on by a private non-profit group of 20 residents. The city contributed roughly $48,000 to this year’s event, which will feature several games geared towards children and young adults, giving special rise for concern among the fair’s board members.

“The [fair] board is keenly focused on keeping their privately-run event safe for all,” said Mayor Mitch Ward, who is the City Council’s fair liaison. “The board recognizes that guns and ammo around children and adults for that matter in public events presents serious concerns.”......

Loved this...

"Uyeda also requests that no alcohol be consumed by armed individuals and that the group refrain from speaking to minors without parental consent."

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

LOL I love the refrain from drinking part are the kidding, or idiots?

Don't talk to minors? Wait I am confused, are we talking about people with second amendment rights or PEDOPHILES?!?! Wait in California don't convicted pedophiles have the right to talk to minors?

But seriously I hope they screw up and get sued. To act as if a CONSTITUTIONAL LEGAL LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is equivalent to a child molester alone needs to have a law suit slapped on them, this borders of defamation. I am done I need to go vomit after reading what these idiots said....

http://www.easyreadernews.com/2010/09/news/manhattan-beach/guns-cleared-annual-festival

Though the guns that will be holstered to dozens of people at this weekend’s Hometown Fair won’t be loaded, the debate over the right to carry them has been.

Despite initial warnings from Hometown Fair Board members and the Manhattan Beach Police Department that people with firearms at the event would be arrested, volunteers of South Bay Open Carry (SBOC) made it clear that they will not leave their guns at home, citing their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“They are opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit,” Harley Green, founder of SBOC, said on Monday. “My hope is that by Oct. 2, they will have done their research and uphold the law. If they do arrest, they will be hit with major civil rights lawsuits. There are volunteers with attorneys lined up that will sue if they are so much as touched for legally open carrying.”

The 38-year-old fair, held near American Martyrs Catholic Church, is put on by a private non-profit group of 20 residents. The city contributed roughly $48,000 to this year’s event, which will feature several games geared towards children and young adults, giving special rise for concern among the fair’s board members.

“The [fair] board is keenly focused on keeping their privately-run event safe for all,” said Mayor Mitch Ward, who is the City Council’s fair liaison. “The board recognizes that guns and ammo around children and adults for that matter in public events presents serious concerns.”......

Loved this...

"Uyeda also requests that no alcohol be consumed by armed individuals and that the group refrain from speaking to minors without parental consent."

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Don't talk to minors? Wait I am confused, are we talking about people with second amendment rights or PEDOPHILES?!?! Wait in California don't convicted pedophiles have the right to talk to minors?

But seriously I hope they screw up and get sued. To act as if a CONSTITUTIONAL LEGAL LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is equivalent to a child molester alone needs to have a law suit slapped on them, this borders of defamation. I am done I need to go vomit after reading what these idiots said....

It was a REQUEST not an order.

B

Bikenut

Loved this...

It was a REQUEST not an order.

It was NOT a request... it is a psychologically manipulative subliminal message used as a ploy to cast gun carriers in the same light as a dirty filthy sex offender. This is nothing more than an attempt to make gun carriers as a group to look like they are evil nasty people unfit to talk to children. It is nothing less than using emotionally charged innuendo and psychological implications to demonize those who carry guns.

It is a blatant use of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals rule #5

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

The entire Rules for Radicals can be seen here:

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

And implying that people who carry guns in plain sight are unfit to talk to minors (children) most certainly IS passive/aggressive ridicule.

Michigander

They really do need to get law suit happy.

Considering that the gun activists there are a lot less relentless and unyielding than we here are, and considering that the unloaded ban didn't go through, law suits for smaller issues probably represent the greatest hope for Kali.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If your drinking why the hell would you have your gun on you?

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was advocating that one "drink and carry", rather that Michigan law would even prohibit having a firearm in your possession (ie in the same room, if it's under your control) while drinking at home. I can accept that carrying with a .08 blood-alcohol limit while out and about is not in anyone's best interest, but in your own home? IMHO, self-defense should preclude the law in this regard.