• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

YOU Sheriff or DNR ?

littlewolf

After my umpteenth time OC'n at the Waupaca Fleet Farm I was approached by the automotive clerk and he asked sheriff or dnr? my reply : neither I have a right to defend myself and the law has no obligation to protect my old ass!and after close observation of the Waupaca sheriffs deputies I cannot possibly carry any of them. Every one in earshot broke out laughing. Then the subject turned to 9mm ,No 40 S&W Ya we sell a lot of those compared to 9mm.then commented on my 101st airborne hat and our military service,but before our conversation ended he went away with an education on open carry rights.All in all an encounter of the best kind!

MKEgal

I've had a couple of good encounters recently, too.

A few days ago (getting a pumpkin shake at Culver's) the clerk said "I see you have a bullet there".
No, actually, I have 18. [Love my Glock!]
"Are you a cop?"
Nope, just a citizen. As long as the gun is visible it's perfectly legal.

We had a nice chat while waiting for my order. No screaming, no running away, no panic...
Take that, judge Adelman!

And yesterday getting groceries the bag guy asked "what's the gun for?"
Personal protection; what else would I use it for?

Again, no panic, nothing out of the ordinary.

TyGuy

Yeah, pistols make poor flashlights. You get a nice high intensity light but for such a short time. I prefer to use mine for personal protection too.

jamesisel

We have a rendezvous, with destiny
Our strength and courage strike the spark
That will always make men free

Assault right down through the skies of blue
Keep your eyes on the job to be done

We are the Soldiers of the 101st
We'll fight till the battle's won!

AIR ASSAULT!

protias

I've been asked a few times if I was a cop and always told them nope, just a normal citizen who is carrying legally.

littlewolf

we have a rendezvous, with destiny
our strength and courage strike the spark
that will always make men free

assault right down through the skies of blue
keep your eyes on the job to be done

we are the soldiers of the 101st
we'll fight till the battle's won!

Air assault!

press on