Thread: City of Davison Illegal ordinance

City of Davison Illegal ordinance

1062.11i

(i) Firearms. No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon any park property, or have in his or her possession, or discharge or set off anywhere, upon park property, a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any other gun, rifle or firearm or a bow or other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive substance or any other force. However, this section shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer, park ranger or other duly appointed law enforcement officer, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his or her position, nor to any person while upon designated target ranges or areas.

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.d...gal:davison_mi

The City Council will conduct its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m., at City Hall (200 E. Flint Street). A copy of the agenda may be found here. The public is encouraged to attend.

looks like they meet on the 2nd and 4th tuesdays. i cannot make it on oct 11, but it looks like i am free on oct 25. i will try and make it.
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 09-30-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    1062.11i

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.d...gal:davison_mi

The City Council will conduct its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m., at City Hall (200 E. Flint Street). A copy of the agenda may be found here. The public is encouraged to attend.

looks like they meet on the 2nd and 4th tuesdays. i cannot make it on oct 11, but it looks like i am free on oct 25. i will try and make it.
    Parts of this (no discharge) are enforceable. It needs some work though. Try contacting the city police chief and city attorney first. CC you mayor and your city council.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Focus on the City Attorney. They kinda get 'the law', and they advise the council. An 'exposure to lawsuits' argument can also be useful. See the April '09 MML Newsletter.

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by jmlefler View Post
    Focus on the City Attorney. They kinda get 'the law', and they advise the council. An 'exposure to lawsuits' argument can also be useful. See the April '09 MML Newsletter.

Carry on
    Lansing didn't care about the lawsuit risk -- "that's why we have liability insurance" -- blah, watch your premium go up after you get hit with a lawsuit or two.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Lansing didn't care about the lawsuit risk -- "that's why we have liability insurance" -- blah, watch your premium go up after you get hit with a lawsuit or two.
    Just ask Royal Oak about lawsuits: http://www.candgnews.com/Homepage-Ar...k-lawsuits.asp

Or when someone finds out who their liability insurance is through and sends them of the copy of the tape of the city counsel meeting. I'm betting the insurance company would like to know the city isn't doing everything it can to prevent lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by jm62383 View Post
    Or when someone finds out who their liability insurance is through and sends them of the copy of the tape of the city counsel meeting. I'm betting the insurance company would like to know the city isn't doing everything it can to prevent lawsuits.
    That's an interesting vector. I'd have to FOIA documents related to liability insurance to find out who the liability insurance company is.

watch your premium go up after you get hit with a lawsuit or two.
    It's not their premium, it's the city's.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by jm62383 View Post
    nice

Carry on