• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Davison Illegal ordinance

lapeer20m

1062.11i

(i) Firearms. No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon any park property, or have in his or her possession, or discharge or set off anywhere, upon park property, a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any other gun, rifle or firearm or a bow or other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive substance or any other force. However, this section shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer, park ranger or other duly appointed law enforcement officer, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his or her position, nor to any person while upon designated target ranges or areas.

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....tes$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:davison_mi

The City Council will conduct its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m., at City Hall (200 E. Flint Street). A copy of the agenda may be found here. The public is encouraged to attend.

looks like they meet on the 2nd and 4th tuesdays. i cannot make it on oct 11, but it looks like i am free on oct 25. i will try and make it.

Last edited:

TheQ

1062.11i

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....tes$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:davison_mi

The City Council will conduct its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m., at City Hall (200 E. Flint Street). A copy of the agenda may be found here. The public is encouraged to attend.

looks like they meet on the 2nd and 4th tuesdays. i cannot make it on oct 11, but it looks like i am free on oct 25. i will try and make it.

Parts of this (no discharge) are enforceable. It needs some work though. Try contacting the city police chief and city attorney first. CC you mayor and your city council.

jmlefler

Focus on the City Attorney. They kinda get 'the law', and they advise the council. An 'exposure to lawsuits' argument can also be useful. See the April '09 MML Newsletter.

Carry on

TheQ

Focus on the City Attorney. They kinda get 'the law', and they advise the council. An 'exposure to lawsuits' argument can also be useful. See the April '09 MML Newsletter.

Carry on

Lansing didn't care about the lawsuit risk -- "that's why we have liability insurance" -- blah, watch your premium go up after you get hit with a lawsuit or two.

jm62383

Lansing didn't care about the lawsuit risk -- "that's why we have liability insurance" -- blah, watch your premium go up after you get hit with a lawsuit or two.

Or when someone finds out who their liability insurance is through and sends them of the copy of the tape of the city counsel meeting. I'm betting the insurance company would like to know the city isn't doing everything it can to prevent lawsuits.

TheQ

Or when someone finds out who their liability insurance is through and sends them of the copy of the tape of the city counsel meeting. I'm betting the insurance company would like to know the city isn't doing everything it can to prevent lawsuits.

That's an interesting vector. I'd have to FOIA documents related to liability insurance to find out who the liability insurance company is.