Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 10/2 - EARLY START TIME 9:00 AM

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 10/2 - EARLY START TIME 9:00 AM

Cracker Barrel
    3620 Mayland Court, Richmond -
    (804) 290-0713
    http://maps.google.com/?cid=157564155102833620

We are getting an early start in order to be able to get over to Innsbrook/Snag-A-Job Pavillion in time to set up for the afternoon festivities.

Y'all are welcome to show up at the usual time and stay as late as you want to. Some of us will be leaving early, so need time to shovel in enough food to last till past lunch.

Come on out and talk political trash.

Peter - we already know you will be trying to get your bag limit of dog hunters. We'll drink some double-strength coffe for you.

stay safe.

Founder's Club Member
    Hey Skid what is the general duration of these breakfast meetings? I plan on coming up for the protest and may consider coming up for the breakfast, so I can be in the area early to help y'all and get a bit of shopping done.

Bridget and I are coming up for the protest. If I can get the college kid up early enough, we'll join you for breakfast, but don't count on it... She's used to "catching up" on missed sleep on the weekends... Hope to see you at breakfast, but if not... At the picket lines!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Hey Skid what is the general duration of these breakfast meetings? I plan on coming up for the protest and may consider coming up for the breakfast, so I can be in the area early to help y'all and get a bit of shopping done.
    Depending on the company we can go till after lunch.

We tip by the hour. Standard table turnover is three times per hour, so treat your server well.

Grapeshot says he has to be at Innsbrook around 11 AM. I'm probably going to drift over there around 1 to look for parking for handicapped gimpy folks with physical limitations too.

stay safe.

Brother Skid, I'll be with you on that mission... To find a nice blue-wheelchair painted parking spot. Are they far from our 'picket lines'?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Bridget and I are coming up for the protest. If I can get the college kid up early enough, we'll join you for breakfast, but don't count on it... She's used to "catching up" on missed sleep on the weekends... Hope to see you at breakfast, but if not... At the picket lines!
    Entice her with tales of playing "duck, duck, goose" afterwards.

There are flocks of non-migrating migratory waterfowl at the retaining pond out back. WE usually get extra biscuits to take and feed them. I've been hand-feeding a couple of geese in anticipation of Thanksgiving dinner.

stay safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Breakfast and Rally

Breakfasts normally run 1 - 2 hours max. The extended conversation in the parking lot and/or feeding the ducks and geese may add to the time.

The Protest CANTor Wont Rally is scheduled to run from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.

A number of us are going to be there (Insbrook) at 11:30 AM to help set up signs and get everything coordinated.

So yes there would be time to do some shopping between the two events - not everybody stays for the entire duration of the breakfast anyway - other obligations.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Brother Skid, I'll be with you on that mission... To find a nice blue-wheelchair painted parking spot. Are they far from our 'picket lines'?
    You should be able to find one close by.

Make sure to comb your hair. Last year the SS, Henrico Police and the State Police were in the buildings to the left, taking pictures of the protesters near the entrance.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-01-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You should be able to find one close by.

Make sure to comb your hair. Last year the SS, Henrico Police and the State Police were in the buildings to the left, taking pictures of the protesters near the entrance.
    I always turn so that they get my good side. Name:  grin.gif
Views: 146
Size:  182 Bytes

Peter, will you be in your floating deer blind?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Peter, will you be in your floating deer blind?
    No, the tree stands should be waterfront property now.

Founder's Club Member
    You have a good side?

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    You have a good side?
    He does

Founder's Club Member

Have fun tomorrow guys!
    I'm going to do the Friday Update on Old Va and head for the sticks!

Call my unobservant, but I showed up 20 minutes late (whoops!) and saw no open carriers(nor did the hostess I asked). I did see a 'Gun Save Lives' sticker though ; )

Perhaps next times

Cracker Barrel Staff rather unobservant

We arrived a few minutes late, too. We were there for at least an hour. Our waiter was ummmm... Kinda Special. I suspect he turned his hockey helmet in for his nametag and apron. One of my breakfast companions spoke to the manager and thanked him for their Hiring the Disabled Program. I was very disappointed in the food. It was the WORST Cracker Barrel experience I've EVER had. My sausage was NOT a pork product. It was an Alternate Meat Product (AMP) of unidentifiable nature. The waiter tried to convince me it was a pork product. Sorry, I'm not buying any prime grazing land in the Everglades today. My small flat pile of yellowish goo was supposed to be 3 scrambled eggs. I disagreed. I am fairly certain the hash browns were as advertised: A potato product. The orange juice was good.

There were three of us OCing. Several acquaintences of my dining companions stopped by the table to say "hello". I was introduced, but of course I don't remember who I met. I've driven several miles since then. Most of the customers appeared to be in a semi-zombie state and none seemed to notice any of us OCing, even though I spent some time in the gift shop and even went to the bathroom. Maybe they were 'foreigners' from other states, stopping for breakfast after driving all night on their way to the Outer Banks. The parking lot was quite full. Due to my own early reville, I was also semi-zombified and didn't notice where the other vehicles were from.

OT: It was great to see the turnout at the Anti-Rally. Finally met Clumsy Candy. She's quite a character. Many thanks to Ed for the OC cards and the very nice lady that bought Sprite and Mt Dew for Bridget and I. Please forgive me for not remembering your name.
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Quote Originally Posted by rix937 View Post
    Call my unobservant, but I showed up 20 minutes late (whoops!) and saw no open carriers(nor did the hostess I asked). I did see a 'Gun Save Lives' sticker though ; )

Perhaps next times
    After breakfast, we were out by the pond feeding/fattening the Thanksgiving ducks and geese - didn't leave there until 11:00 AM - sorry we missed you.

After breakfast, we were out by the pond feeding/fattening the Thanksgiving ducks and geese - didn't leave there until 11:00 AM - sorry we missed you.
    rix037 - also sorry that we missed you. It's getting so that the staff there does not pay too much attention to the fact that we are carrying so much as they (except for Todd this morning) know there are at least a couple of coffee zombies.

We had three families with little kids come by the retaining pond to see the birdies. All were appreciative of the offer of bisquits so the little ones could fed the ducks & geese themselves. None seemed alarmed at all by the sight of sidearms - if they notced at all. One mommy went back onside to get her little darling (can you say TOO CUTE FOR WORDS? I knew you could.) some more bisquits so she could feed the birds "by herself" - no help from grownups. I know because the little girl told us.

The after event at Sanag-A-job was, shall we say, enlightening. Go over to that thread to read more.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 10-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    rix037 - The after event at Sanag-A-job was, shall we say, enlightening. Go over to that thread to read more.

stay safe.
    Which thread, cant find it?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    rix037
    The after event at Sanag-A-job was, shall we say, enlightening. Go over to that thread to read more.

stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennys View Post
    Which thread, cant find it?
    There is this one:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-have-started-...

And then this one:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...0-2-10-2PM-4PM

Very little after action reporting yet - everybody is tired after a long day I suspect. Look for more tomorrow.