• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 10/2 - EARLY START TIME 9:00 AM

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Cracker Barrel
3620 Mayland Court, Richmond -
(804) 290-0713
http://maps.google.com/?cid=157564155102833620

We are getting an early start in order to be able to get over to Innsbrook/Snag-A-Job Pavillion in time to set up for the afternoon festivities.

Y'all are welcome to show up at the usual time and stay as late as you want to. Some of us will be leaving early, so need time to shovel in enough food to last till past lunch.

Come on out and talk political trash.

Peter - we already know you will be trying to get your bag limit of dog hunters. We'll drink some double-strength coffe for you.

stay safe.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Hey Skid what is the general duration of these breakfast meetings? I plan on coming up for the protest and may consider coming up for the breakfast, so I can be in the area early to help y'all and get a bit of shopping done.

MSC 45ACP

Bridget and I are coming up for the protest. If I can get the college kid up early enough, we'll join you for breakfast, but don't count on it... She's used to "catching up" on missed sleep on the weekends... Hope to see you at breakfast, but if not... At the picket lines!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey Skid what is the general duration of these breakfast meetings? I plan on coming up for the protest and may consider coming up for the breakfast, so I can be in the area early to help y'all and get a bit of shopping done.

Depending on the company we can go till after lunch.

We tip by the hour. Standard table turnover is three times per hour, so treat your server well.

Grapeshot says he has to be at Innsbrook around 11 AM. I'm probably going to drift over there around 1 to look for parking for handicapped gimpy folks with physical limitations too.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Bridget and I are coming up for the protest. If I can get the college kid up early enough, we'll join you for breakfast, but don't count on it... She's used to "catching up" on missed sleep on the weekends... Hope to see you at breakfast, but if not... At the picket lines!

Entice her with tales of playing "duck, duck, goose" afterwards.

There are flocks of non-migrating migratory waterfowl at the retaining pond out back. WE usually get extra biscuits to take and feed them. I've been hand-feeding a couple of geese in anticipation of Thanksgiving dinner.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Breakfast and Rally

Breakfasts normally run 1 - 2 hours max. The extended conversation in the parking lot and/or feeding the ducks and geese may add to the time.

The Protest CANTor Wont Rally is scheduled to run from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.

A number of us are going to be there (Insbrook) at 11:30 AM to help set up signs and get everything coordinated.

So yes there would be time to do some shopping between the two events - not everybody stays for the entire duration of the breakfast anyway - other obligations.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Brother Skid, I'll be with you on that mission... To find a nice blue-wheelchair painted parking spot. Are they far from our 'picket lines'?

You should be able to find one close by.

Make sure to comb your hair. Last year the SS, Henrico Police and the State Police were in the buildings to the left, taking pictures of the protesters near the entrance.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You should be able to find one close by.

Make sure to comb your hair. Last year the SS, Henrico Police and the State Police were in the buildings to the left, taking pictures of the protesters near the entrance.

I always turn so that they get my good side. grin.gif

Peter, will you be in your floating deer blind?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You have a good side? :)

He does:banana:

IMG_6659_copy%7E0.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Have fun tomorrow guys!
I'm going to do the Friday Update on Old Va and head for the sticks!

rix937

Call my unobservant, but I showed up 20 minutes late (whoops!) and saw no open carriers(nor did the hostess I asked). I did see a 'Gun Save Lives' sticker though ; )

Perhaps next times

MSC 45ACP

Cracker Barrel Staff rather unobservant

We arrived a few minutes late, too. We were there for at least an hour. Our waiter was ummmm... Kinda Special. I suspect he turned his hockey helmet in for his nametag and apron. One of my breakfast companions spoke to the manager and thanked him for their Hiring the Disabled Program. I was very disappointed in the food. It was the WORST Cracker Barrel experience I've EVER had. My sausage was NOT a pork product. It was an Alternate Meat Product (AMP) of unidentifiable nature. The waiter tried to convince me it was a pork product. Sorry, I'm not buying any prime grazing land in the Everglades today. My small flat pile of yellowish goo was supposed to be 3 scrambled eggs. I disagreed. I am fairly certain the hash browns were as advertised: A potato product. The orange juice was good.

There were three of us OCing. Several acquaintences of my dining companions stopped by the table to say "hello". I was introduced, but of course I don't remember who I met. I've driven several miles since then. Most of the customers appeared to be in a semi-zombie state and none seemed to notice any of us OCing, even though I spent some time in the gift shop and even went to the bathroom. Maybe they were 'foreigners' from other states, stopping for breakfast after driving all night on their way to the Outer Banks. The parking lot was quite full. Due to my own early reville, I was also semi-zombified and didn't notice where the other vehicles were from.

OT: It was great to see the turnout at the Anti-Rally. Finally met Clumsy Candy. She's quite a character. Many thanks to Ed for the OC cards and the very nice lady that bought Sprite and Mt Dew for Bridget and I. Please forgive me for not remembering your name.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Call my unobservant, but I showed up 20 minutes late (whoops!) and saw no open carriers(nor did the hostess I asked). I did see a 'Gun Save Lives' sticker though ; )

Perhaps next times

After breakfast, we were out by the pond feeding/fattening the Thanksgiving ducks and geese - didn't leave there until 11:00 AM - sorry we missed you. :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
After breakfast, we were out by the pond feeding/fattening the Thanksgiving ducks and geese - didn't leave there until 11:00 AM - sorry we missed you. :(

rix037 - also sorry that we missed you. It's getting so that the staff there does not pay too much attention to the fact that we are carrying so much as they (except for Todd this morning) know there are at least a couple of coffee zombies. :D

We had three families with little kids come by the retaining pond to see the birdies. All were appreciative of the offer of bisquits so the little ones could fed the ducks & geese themselves. None seemed alarmed at all by the sight of sidearms - if they notced at all. One mommy went back onside to get her little darling (can you say TOO CUTE FOR WORDS? I knew you could.) some more bisquits so she could feed the birds "by herself" - no help from grownups. I know because the little girl told us.

The after event at Sanag-A-job was, shall we say, enlightening. Go over to that thread to read more.

stay safe.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
rix037
The after event at Sanag-A-job was, shall we say, enlightening. Go over to that thread to read more.

stay safe.

Which thread, cant find it?

There is this one:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80705-Roundup-phone-calls-have-started-...

And then this one:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Cantor-s-Anti-Gun-GOP-Roundup-10-2-10-2PM-4PM

Very little after action reporting yet - everybody is tired after a long day I suspect. Look for more tomorrow.