• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VDOF has refiled

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
While I'm not a big conspiracy theory fan, it does make me wonder if this might not be a ploy to further delay the process - as it will require a withdrawal of the now-current proposed rule, time to gin up a corrected new-revised rule, and restart the comment period.

Thoughts? Theories?

stay safe.

I don't think it was to delay it Skidmark but I had the same thought about the wording.

McDonnell doesn't want to appear too Pro Gun. The childish grammar in this just looks like a way to allow ammunition but not address guns.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Should not the original proposal be continued through to a conclusion? Have they violated their own procedural rules?

The only reason I can imagine why this was not completed is that THEY did not want it at this time.

If they wish to make further changes after the fact, begin the process again.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Should not the original proposal be continued through to a conclusion? Have they violated their own procedural rules?

The only reason I can imagine why this was not completed is that THEY did not want it at this time.

If they wish to make further changes after the fact, begin the process again.

No, there is an exclusion in the rulemaking ...I think it's called "Executive Intervention" I think.

Any member of the General Assembly or Executive office can intervene and the wording changed.
I had two Senators ready to move on it and had a 3rd do a little mediating with VDOF for me. NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY INTERVENED though.

I assume it was McDonnell's office that did it.

Anyway, when the wording is changed, it goes back to mama and restarts the comment process.

There have been a tremendous number of behind the scenes discussions about this and it's considered a political hot potato.

This is not over yet.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
............There have been a tremendous number of behind the scenes discussions about this and it's considered a political hot potato.

This is not over yet.

Baking a potato - that's when you stick a fork in it and wrap tight in foil before raising the heat - right?

Fire the grill up!