• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City Sultan Has "Firearms And Weapons Strictly Prohibited" Posted on Park Signs

5o56x45

City Sultan Has "Firearms And Weapons Strictly Prohibited" Posted on Park Signs

PhoneGuy And I were in the city of Sultan about a month ago and we noticed that they have signs in there parks stating the park rules one of which is "Firearms And Weapons Strictly Prohibited". We didn't have a camera with us but will take a picture the next time we are there. If anyone happens to go there in the near future please take a pic and post it.

PhoneGuy called the parks department and they refereed him to the police department. He called them and a police officer should be contacting him at a later time.

Lovenox

PhoneGuy And I were in the city of Sultan about a month ago and we noticed that they have signs in there parks stating the park rules one of which is "Firearms And Weapons Strictly Prohibited". We didn't have a camera with us but will take a picture the next time we are there. If anyone happens to go there in the near future please take a pic and post it.

PhoneGuy called the parks department and they refereed him to the police department. He called them and a police officer should be contacting him at a later time.

I wonder why they referred you to the police department. I am sure they didn't put the sign there..

amlevin

Sultan is policed under contract with Snohomish County Sheriff's Dept. The Sheriff's Deputies are well aware of the "preemption" as Snohomish County has modified their Park Rules to comply. Sultan is just a little behind the times with this, and perhaps a few other things as well.

5o56x45

A representative of the city returned my call today. She was not aware that it had the word firearms on the sign. She said that she will look into it and by the sound of things change the sign.

5o56x45

Line was removed

I was in Sultan a couple days ago and I stopped by the park. Line 8. "Firearms And Weapons Strictly Prohibited" was removed from the sign.

oneeyeross

Ok, I had this mental image of a guy with a huge pencil eraser on the back of a pick up trying to rub out the offending line.... Not enough coffee yet, I guess.