Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KOMO 4 news tonight! 9/30/2010

KIRO 7 news tonight! 9/30/2010

Okay I screwed up it was KIRO 7 that came out to interview me for the news tonight. Thank you Dave Workman for bringing it to their attention. They said they will most likely be at the Starbucks in Spanaway this Saturday at 10:00 as well, let's have a huge turnout. Thanks again for everyone's support!

And I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that Deros72 let Dave know and has also contacted Kiro7 and King5. King 5 may also be interviewing me tonight.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 10-01-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Thats great. I hope KOMO didn't inform the cops in order to set up some kinda of "confrontation".

Since I read the forum too late, I caught the last half of KOMO4 newscast at 6pm. Did I miss it? Or is it on at 10pm?
    I guess it doesn't matter much, because I'll be at work at 10pm. Maybe they'll have the report on their website.

GO TEAM!

I tried watching it and did miss a few minutes, but dont think it was on...or am I just THAT dumb????
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

They didn't show it..........

Well that is a disappointment =(

Tom sorry not to see the report tonight.
    While I hope it does run but when it comes to news and if there is little drama they are usually not to interested and will fall by the wayside for some meaningless article that has some drama attached.

This is a story worth telling as to the implications of civil rights violations from our local law enforcement which are suppose to be protecting those very rights.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Its okay everyone. Kirotv had it on earlier in the day.

Dont worry about Liberal4News. If you can show police are in the wrong and that a gun advocate is in the right, they won't show it. It would go against their liberal beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by swatspyder View Post
    Its okay everyone. Kirotv had it on earlier in the day.

Dont worry about Liberal4News. If you can show police are in the wrong and that a gun advocate is in the right, they won't show it. It would go against their liberal beliefs.
    http://www.kirotv.com/news/25233137/detail.html

“The problem here isn’t that he was carrying the gun, it was that he was uncooperative and made a big deal about it,” Troyer said. “His rights weren’t violated. We have the right, as police, to ask questions and to make sure the public’s safe and to make sure baristas are safe. I mean, Maurice Clemmons walked into a coffee shop carrying guns.”
    No, he was not being uncooperative. He has a God given right not to talk to you!
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 10-01-2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Live Free or Die!

Mr Troyer

Bull!
    Live Free or Die!

I watched the video, and Tom, you did a great job. I've got to say that I'm shocked at Ed Troyer's response. I normally respect him and what he does, but this time I was stunned that he was claiming that Tom was hassled because he refused to comply and that they had every right to do what they did, and bringing up Maurice Clemmons. Will be there on Saturday for sure now.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dadada View Post
    I watched the video, and Tom, you did a great job. I've got to say that I'm shocked at Ed Troyer's response. I normally respect him and what he does, but this time I was stunned that he was claiming that Tom was hassled because he refused to comply and that they had every right to do what they did, and bringing up Maurice Clemmons. Will be there on Saturday for sure now.

Dave
    Unfortunately, Mr Troyer, even meeting him in person, is just another human. He is the face for the media for Pierce County when they need to ask a question. He does not know every law, and obviously needs to brush up and educate himself in the matter. My dad is a corrections officer for Pierce County and said the same thing about Mr. Troyer. The fact is that police officers do not know EVERY law, and for MOST interpret the law to mean what they want. They will take you to Booking and then you will be released later after your time has been wasted and no charges are filed against you.

The 4th Amendment is not every law!

Quote Originally Posted by swatspyder View Post
    Unfortunately, Mr Troyer, even meeting him in person, is just another human. He is the face for the media for Pierce County when they need to ask a question. He does not know every law, and obviously needs to brush up and educate himself in the matter. My dad is a corrections officer for Pierce County and said the same thing about Mr. Troyer. The fact is that police officers do not know EVERY law, and for MOST interpret the law to mean what they want. They will take you to Booking and then you will be released later after your time has been wasted and no charges are filed against you.
    I expect every single officer to understand the 4th amendemnt to the US Constituion and Terry v Ohio.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I expect every single officer to understand the 4th amendemnt to the US Constituion and Terry v Ohio.
    Especially one that's a spokesperson. He wasn't ambushed by the camera crew from what I can tell. He should have had time to prepare his statement, which hopefully would include the basic question of "can we do that?"

Troyer

Well done Tom. The hair looked great, but you may need a new shirt for the next one

This is gonna be big this weekend guys.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    I just saw a teaser for it. It looks like they are going to play it on the 11:00 news.
    It's also here. http://www.kirotv.com/news/25233137/detail.html

Living less than a block away, "Mr. Clemmons was not "eventually OC". This excuse is older than the crust in Moses' underwear already! For the love of cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Yes, Amen to that. I missed it though because I thought it was channel four that came and talked to me. Not sure how I screwed that one up.

I guess it looks like I just missed the teaser.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 10-01-2010 at 01:52 AM.

I can NOT believe the sheriff's statement! How can he even compare us to Clemmons?!

Here's the difference:

We carry out in the open most, if not all, of the time. We could obviously care less who sees it. If and when some of us may carry concealed, we have a concealed pistol license. We do both LEGALLY and with the intent that we be able to defend ourselves.

Clemmons carried concealed without a concealed pistol license AND with criminal intent. He was already prohibited from even possessing firearms in the first place. He knew that. Thus the reason he carried the guns in concealment with malicious and criminal intent. He didn't want anyone to see that he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, he was a known felon. What he did STILL makes me absolutely sick.

There's no friggin comparison!

I am not even up there and boy that video set me on fire! How dare he say that his rights weren't violated. Do they randomly go up to other law abiding citizens and demand to see their id? How about if I am carrying a baseball bat? That "could" be used as a weapon too. How about my shoes? I could easily take those off and beat someone with them too. Would they like to see my id now? Ugh!! Rant over.

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I sent this email to the sheriff's office... not that they will give a rat's butt:

Sheriff,

I have been following closely the Tom Brewster incident at the Spanaway Starbucks. I have heard the audio recording of nearly the entire incident. Your deputies’ actions were inexcusable. And then to go on public television and announce that you have the right to demand identification from law abiding citizens for no reason at all? If I was sitting in McDonald’s with my 14 year old step daughter would you detain me and force me to show identification and prove to you I was not a kidnapper? There is no difference, Sheriff. Sitting in McDonald’s with my step-daughter is every bit as legal as sitting in McDonald’s with my gun in a holster on my belt, both of which I do frequently and often simultaneously.

I find it abhorrent that you would allow your deputies to not only violate the provisions of the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Washington but to also publicaly condone their behavior!

I normally sign my correspondence with Respectfully or Very Respectfully… but sir, your office has lost all deservance of respect in my eyes, until you start abiding by the oath you took to honor the Constitutions of the US and the State of Washington.

John H.....
    4520 J.......
    Oak Harbor, WA 98277
    360-720-....

Ed seems to have forgotten that we aren't prisoners of the state. It's still innocent until proven guilty, or even suspected of being guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    I can NOT believe the sheriff's statement! How can he even compare us to Clemmons?!

Here's the difference:

We carry out in the open most, if not all, of the time. We could obviously care less who sees it. If and when some of us may carry concealed, we have a concealed pistol license. We do both LEGALLY and with the intent that we be able to defend ourselves.

Clemmons carried concealed without a concealed pistol license AND with criminal intent. He was already prohibited from even possessing firearms in the first place. He knew that. Thus the reason he carried the guns in concealment with malicious and criminal intent. He didn't want anyone to see that he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, he was a known felon. What he did STILL makes me absolutely sick.

There's no friggin comparison!
    +1 but using Clemmons gives the LEA reason to cause public alarm for us to OC and more reason for them to come out and DEMAND ID to ensure we're not him. It's a sad state of affairs and a horrid road we're going down

It would have been nice if they showed more than one sentence of what I said. I did explain to them WHY we have rights. They showed my butt more than what I had to say!
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 10-01-2010 at 02:26 AM.

Aaaaargh!

They didn't even mention the recording and no perception of privacy. What the shizzle! They probably want the public to think that's illegal too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast