• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KOMO 4 news tonight! 9/30/2010

tombrewster421

KIRO 7 news tonight! 9/30/2010

Okay I screwed up it was KIRO 7 that came out to interview me for the news tonight. Thank you Dave Workman for bringing it to their attention. They said they will most likely be at the Starbucks in Spanaway this Saturday at 10:00 as well, let's have a huge turnout. Thanks again for everyone's support!

And I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that Deros72 let Dave know and has also contacted Kiro7 and King5. King 5 may also be interviewing me tonight.

Last edited:

Lovenox

Thats great. I hope KOMO didn't inform the cops in order to set up some kinda of "confrontation".

Leatherneck

Since I read the forum too late, I caught the last half of KOMO4 newscast at 6pm. Did I miss it? Or is it on at 10pm?
I guess it doesn't matter much, because I'll be at work at 10pm. Maybe they'll have the report on their website.

GO TEAM!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Tom sorry not to see the report tonight.
While I hope it does run but when it comes to news and if there is little drama they are usually not to interested and will fall by the wayside for some meaningless article that has some drama attached.

This is a story worth telling as to the implications of civil rights violations from our local law enforcement which are suppose to be protecting those very rights.

swatspyder

Its okay everyone. Kirotv had it on earlier in the day. :banana:

Dont worry about Liberal4News. If you can show police are in the wrong and that a gun advocate is in the right, they won't show it. It would go against their liberal beliefs.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Its okay everyone. Kirotv had it on earlier in the day. :banana:

Dont worry about Liberal4News. If you can show police are in the wrong and that a gun advocate is in the right, they won't show it. It would go against their liberal beliefs.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25233137/detail.html
“The problem here isn’t that he was carrying the gun, it was that he was uncooperative and made a big deal about it,” Troyer said. “His rights weren’t violated. We have the right, as police, to ask questions and to make sure the public’s safe and to make sure baristas are safe. I mean, Maurice Clemmons walked into a coffee shop carrying guns.”

No, he was not being uncooperative. He has a God given right not to talk to you!

Last edited:

dadada

I watched the video, and Tom, you did a great job. I've got to say that I'm shocked at Ed Troyer's response. I normally respect him and what he does, but this time I was stunned that he was claiming that Tom was hassled because he refused to comply and that they had every right to do what they did, and bringing up Maurice Clemmons. Will be there on Saturday for sure now.

Dave

swatspyder

I watched the video, and Tom, you did a great job. I've got to say that I'm shocked at Ed Troyer's response. I normally respect him and what he does, but this time I was stunned that he was claiming that Tom was hassled because he refused to comply and that they had every right to do what they did, and bringing up Maurice Clemmons. Will be there on Saturday for sure now.

Dave

Unfortunately, Mr Troyer, even meeting him in person, is just another human. He is the face for the media for Pierce County when they need to ask a question. He does not know every law, and obviously needs to brush up and educate himself in the matter. My dad is a corrections officer for Pierce County and said the same thing about Mr. Troyer. The fact is that police officers do not know EVERY law, and for MOST interpret the law to mean what they want. They will take you to Booking and then you will be released later after your time has been wasted and no charges are filed against you.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The 4th Amendment is not every law!

Unfortunately, Mr Troyer, even meeting him in person, is just another human. He is the face for the media for Pierce County when they need to ask a question. He does not know every law, and obviously needs to brush up and educate himself in the matter. My dad is a corrections officer for Pierce County and said the same thing about Mr. Troyer. The fact is that police officers do not know EVERY law, and for MOST interpret the law to mean what they want. They will take you to Booking and then you will be released later after your time has been wasted and no charges are filed against you.

I expect every single officer to understand the 4th amendemnt to the US Constituion and Terry v Ohio.

dadada

I expect every single officer to understand the 4th amendemnt to the US Constituion and Terry v Ohio.

Especially one that's a spokesperson. He wasn't ambushed by the camera crew from what I can tell. He should have had time to prepare his statement, which hopefully would include the basic question of "can we do that?"

Deleted_User

Troyer :banghead:

Well done Tom. The hair looked great, but you may need a new shirt for the next one :)

This is gonna be big this weekend guys.

Deleted_User

Living less than a block away, "Mr. Clemmons was not "eventually OC". This excuse is older than the crust in Moses' underwear already! For the love of cheese...

tombrewster421

Yes, Amen to that. I missed it though because I thought it was channel four that came and talked to me. Not sure how I screwed that one up.

I guess it looks like I just missed the teaser.

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

I can NOT believe the sheriff's statement! How can he even compare us to Clemmons?!

Here's the difference:

We carry out in the open most, if not all, of the time. We could obviously care less who sees it. If and when some of us may carry concealed, we have a concealed pistol license. We do both LEGALLY and with the intent that we be able to defend ourselves.

Clemmons carried concealed without a concealed pistol license AND with criminal intent. He was already prohibited from even possessing firearms in the first place. He knew that. Thus the reason he carried the guns in concealment with malicious and criminal intent. He didn't want anyone to see that he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, he was a known felon. What he did STILL makes me absolutely sick.

There's no friggin comparison!

ainie

I am not even up there and boy that video set me on fire! :mad: How dare he say that his rights weren't violated. Do they randomly go up to other law abiding citizens and demand to see their id? How about if I am carrying a baseball bat? That "could" be used as a weapon too. How about my shoes? I could easily take those off and beat someone with them too. Would they like to see my id now? Ugh!! Rant over.