Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One More Reason To Think The NRA Has Lost It's Mind

One More Reason To Think The NRA Has Lost It's Mind

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.Iml?Article=212737

The NRA endorses Ron Kind (D) over Dan Kapanke (R) in the 3rd distric congressional race. I have walked side by side with Dan in parades while oc'ing and have had the chance to talk with him, no other canidate supports the 2nd amendment more than Dan does. Dan believes that shall not be infringed means "shall not be infringed." We need to support Dan in his bid for congress.

COMMENTS EDITED BY MODERATOR: No bashing other gun rights groups
    Last edited by johnny amish; 09-30-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Kind has a pretty good gun rights record. The NRA will always support a strong incumbent canidate with a overall postitive gun rights record like Kind has. It comes down to placing a bet for political power.

Hope Dan continues to stay politically active should he lose. We need people like him.

http://www.nrapvf.org/news-alerts/20...-district.aspx

Banned
    Flipper has it right Johnny.

Knock it off with the anti NRA rhetoric all the time will you?

This country would be like Australia and Canada without the efforts of the NRA lobbying Washington before you were even born.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Flipper has it right Johnny.

Knock it off with the anti NRA rhetoric all the time will you?

This country would be like Australia and Canada without the efforts of the NRA lobbying Washington before you were even born.

there are other 2nd amendment rights groups(JFPO, 2nd amendment foundation, to name a couple) out there who don't comprimise our rights away, so to give the NRA all the credit is quite a load of shiznet.

Besides that what does someones birthdate have to do with them being able to have an opinion on something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    there are other 2nd amendment rights groups(JFPO, 2nd amendment foundation, to name a couple) out there who don't comprimise our rights away, so to give the NRA all the credit is quite a load of shiznet.

Besides that what does someones birthdate have to do with them being able to have an opinion on something?
    When you are young you don't know sh!t. Hows that for starters...

The NRA has been the Big Dog in the fight for years and although not perfect they deserve respect.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 09-30-2010 at 09:42 PM.

If Reid loses and the Democrats retain control of the Senate then next in line for majority leader is New York gun-grabber Charles Schumer, who would send every piece of anti-2nd amendment legislation, which Reid would have stopped, to the floor of the Senate.

The Democrats currently have a 78% chance to retain control of the Senate. Better hope that there are some Blue Dogs among the returning Dems.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Flipper is right.

During the 1970's it was questionable whether that the American people would be allowed to continue to own handguns as there was a very strong force in place politically to ban them. Some municipalities did, most did not succeed (as well as some states) in banning handguns because of the NRA. If it were not for the NRA, you probably at this time would not be able to own the handguns we carry on our belts.

NRA makes mistakes and they sometimes do things that are just stupid, but they aren't the devil as some of you seem intent on painting them as; NRA has made a lot of valuable contributions to firearms rights.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    When you are young you don't know sh!t. Hows that for starters.

Wow is all I have to say to the drivel.

I can see you are out trolling again tonight as always.

does this forum have an ignore feature?
    It does, but you can also report posts too.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Settings | My Settings | My Account | Edit Ignore List

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Yup

Thanks Doug!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    When I heard they supported Harry Reid earlier this year, they lost any and all credibility from me. I did some research on them during that time and found out they support the 1986 full auto ban!
    NRA did not support Reid.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    When I heard they supported Harry Reid earlier this year, they lost any and all credibility from me. I did some research on them during that time and found out they support the 1986 full auto ban!
    Source on the support for the 1986 full auto ban?

Banned
    Wow is all I have to say to the drivel.

I can see you are out trolling again tonight as always.
    Hey with a big nine posts you are calling me out as a troll?

I got a Q for you... Since bashing gun rights groups is against the rules here, how am I the troll and not the OP?

There is no denying the nra has done some very great things for our gun rights, we are better for them. When I see things like this happen I can't help but feel like they are losing direction. Kind suports the sportsmen, not the constitution, Dan suports the constitution 100%, that's what it about. They should suport the best canidate, the one that represents us best. Don't missunderstand my frustration, I believe this country is in a better place because of their efforts, I give credit where credit is due and they deserve a lot of credit. If they continue to back canidates that think the 2nd is about deer hunting then in the end we will all lose.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Smile

To lighten it up a bit and a reminder to what we need to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQddWwQLyeU

And no that was not a resemblance to Hubert's lap dance. just kidding!
    Last edited by springfield 1911; 09-30-2010 at 11:18 PM.

I think I am one of like 5 people left that hasn't ignored Spartacus.

NRA is the NRA. Not my father's Rifle Association anymore - but still they support liberty. Damn I miss Heston...

as a life member of the NRA I was very disappointed to see Ron Kind being endorsed. I live in his district. when push comes to shove he is a party line guy and will fall in line for whatever he is told to vote for. that has been my experience with him. I wrote the NRA PVF to let them know I think it is a mistake and will be supporting Dan Kapanke.
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

Actually, The NRA did full and well support Reid. Privately and publicly. They backed down from supporting either candidate when an outcry of disbelief and outrage erupted from the membership over their support of Reid.

And still they support Culver in Iowa. And now Ron Kind. Oh, and let's not forget they were a driving force behind the Disclose Act. For purely disingenuous and selfserving reasons.

They are not my gun rights advocacy group any longer. Haven't gotten a dime from me in over a year. They have lost their way. You do as you like and I will do as I like. For now, I support the GOA and JFPO.

As for them having accomplished something in the past, Sure they have. But that was then and this is now, not the 70's or whenever. Now is all that matters because Now will determine our future.

They are much more interested in their own bottom line now (takes over 35,000 memberships just to pay Wayne LaPierre's salary)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfielddx40 View Post
    I think I am one of like 5 people left that hasn't ignored Spartacus.
    You wish. A few talk about it but then all of a sudden they respond like Doug did to one of my posts.

The fact of the matter is that it is against OCDO rules to bash pro 2A gun groups so John was out of line with this post.

I will continue to make trouble for any poster that does this, or calls LE Nazi's or talks about gubmint conspiracy or in any way turns OCDO into a forum for personal political agendas.

I will continue to make trouble for any poster that does this, or calls LE Nazi's or talks about gubmint conspiracy or in any way turns OCDO into a forum for personal political agendas.
    I see now. Instead of John enforcinng the rules in a professional manner, he has unleashed the hounds(YOU). That may not be true, but altest to me, it is highly plauseable, since YOU have broken forum rules excessivley and he won't bann you for a minimal period of time. Now, John just deletes your posts that break rules, instead of editing them, I imagine his hope is that noone see's it and won't recieve pressure to bann you. Also, instead of disciplining your behaviour, he just locks threads that you derail.

I can predict that John will eventually lock this thread, it will get derailed. That is your mission as you have confessed. Locked it will get and nothing will happen to you.

My hope, if you wish to know it, is not to have to edit dozens of posts every day like some run-ragged Kindergarten teacher.

And I assure you that keeping Spartacus around does not bring me any closer to that goal! So if you see anything sinister in the fact that I have held-off on banning a poster who is an active gun rights supporter in real life, you are missing the point.

John

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I see now. Instead of John enforcinng the rules in a professional manner, he has unleashed the hounds(YOU). That may not be true, but altest to me, it is highly plauseable, since YOU have broken forum rules excessivley and he won't bann you for a minimal period of time. Now, John just deletes your posts that break rules, instead of editing them, I imagine his hope is that noone see's it and won't recieve pressure to bann you. Also, instead of disciplining your behaviour, he just locks threads that you derail.

I can predict that John will eventually lock this thread, it will get derailed. That is your mission as you have confessed. Locked it will get and nothing will happen to you.

bhancock
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    There is no denying the nra has done some very great things for our gun rights, we are better for them. When I see things like this happen I can't help but feel like they are losing direction. Kind suports the sportsmen, not the constitution, Dan suports the constitution 100%, that's what it about. They should suport the best canidate, the one that represents us best. Don't missunderstand my frustration, I believe this country is in a better place because of their efforts, I give credit where credit is due and they deserve a lot of credit. If they continue to back canidates that think the 2nd is about deer hunting then in the end we will all lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Actually, The NRA did full and well support Reid. Privately and publicly. They backed down from supporting either candidate when an outcry of disbelief and outrage erupted from the membership over their support of Reid.

And still they support Culver in Iowa. And now Ron Kind. Oh, and let's not forget they were a driving force behind the Disclose Act. For purely disingenuous and selfserving reasons.

They are not my gun rights advocacy group any longer. Haven't gotten a dime from me in over a year. They have lost their way. You do as you like and I will do as I like. For now, I support the GOA and JFPO.

As for them having accomplished something in the past, Sure they have. But that was then and this is now, not the 70's or whenever. Now is all that matters because Now will determine our future.

They are much more interested in their own bottom line now (takes over 35,000 memberships just to pay Wayne LaPierre's salary)
    +1

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast