• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More Reason To Think The NRA Has Lost It's Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny amish

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.Iml?Article=212737

The NRA endorses Ron Kind (D) over Dan Kapanke (R) in the 3rd distric congressional race. I have walked side by side with Dan in parades while oc'ing and have had the chance to talk with him, no other canidate supports the 2nd amendment more than Dan does. Dan believes that shall not be infringed means "shall not be infringed." We need to support Dan in his bid for congress.

COMMENTS EDITED BY MODERATOR: No bashing other gun rights groups

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Flipper has it right Johnny.

Knock it off with the anti NRA rhetoric all the time will you?

This country would be like Australia and Canada without the efforts of the NRA lobbying Washington before you were even born.

JerryD

Flipper has it right Johnny.

Knock it off with the anti NRA rhetoric all the time will you?

This country would be like Australia and Canada without the efforts of the NRA lobbying Washington before you were even born.

there are other 2nd amendment rights groups(JFPO, 2nd amendment foundation, to name a couple) out there who don't comprimise our rights away, so to give the NRA all the credit is quite a load of shiznet.

Besides that what does someones birthdate have to do with them being able to have an opinion on something?

Spartacus

Banned
there are other 2nd amendment rights groups(JFPO, 2nd amendment foundation, to name a couple) out there who don't comprimise our rights away, so to give the NRA all the credit is quite a load of shiznet.

Besides that what does someones birthdate have to do with them being able to have an opinion on something?

When you are young you don't know sh!t. Hows that for starters...

COMMENTS EDITED BY MODERATOR: No bashing other gun rights groups

The NRA has been the Big Dog in the fight for years and although not perfect they deserve respect.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
If Reid loses and the Democrats retain control of the Senate then next in line for majority leader is New York gun-grabber Charles Schumer, who would send every piece of anti-2nd amendment legislation, which Reid would have stopped, to the floor of the Senate.

The Democrats currently have a 78% chance to retain control of the Senate. Better hope that there are some Blue Dogs among the returning Dems.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

professor gun

Flipper is right.

During the 1970's it was questionable whether that the American people would be allowed to continue to own handguns as there was a very strong force in place politically to ban them. Some municipalities did, most did not succeed (as well as some states) in banning handguns because of the NRA. If it were not for the NRA, you probably at this time would not be able to own the handguns we carry on our belts.

NRA makes mistakes and they sometimes do things that are just stupid, but they aren't the devil as some of you seem intent on painting them as; NRA has made a lot of valuable contributions to firearms rights.

professor gun

When I heard they supported Harry Reid earlier this year, they lost any and all credibility from me. I did some research on them during that time and found out they support the 1986 full auto ban!

Source on the support for the 1986 full auto ban?

johnny amish

There is no denying the nra has done some very great things for our gun rights, we are better for them. When I see things like this happen I can't help but feel like they are losing direction. Kind suports the sportsmen, not the constitution, Dan suports the constitution 100%, that's what it about. They should suport the best canidate, the one that represents us best. Don't missunderstand my frustration, I believe this country is in a better place because of their efforts, I give credit where credit is due and they deserve a lot of credit. If they continue to back canidates that think the 2nd is about deer hunting then in the end we will all lose.

Flash Gordon

as a life member of the NRA I was very disappointed to see Ron Kind being endorsed. I live in his district. when push comes to shove he is a party line guy and will fall in line for whatever he is told to vote for. that has been my experience with him. I wrote the NRA PVF to let them know I think it is a mistake and will be supporting Dan Kapanke.

Status
Not open for further replies.