• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More Reason To Think The NRA Has Lost It's Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardballer

Actually, The NRA did full and well support Reid. Privately and publicly. They backed down from supporting either candidate when an outcry of disbelief and outrage erupted from the membership over their support of Reid.

And still they support Culver in Iowa. And now Ron Kind. Oh, and let's not forget they were a driving force behind the Disclose Act. For purely disingenuous and selfserving reasons.

They are not my gun rights advocacy group any longer. Haven't gotten a dime from me in over a year. They have lost their way. You do as you like and I will do as I like. For now, I support the GOA and JFPO.

As for them having accomplished something in the past, Sure they have. But that was then and this is now, not the 70's or whenever. Now is all that matters because Now will determine our future.

They are much more interested in their own bottom line now (takes over 35,000 memberships just to pay Wayne LaPierre's salary)

Spartacus

Banned
I think I am one of like 5 people left that hasn't ignored Spartacus.

You wish. A few talk about it but then all of a sudden they respond like Doug did to one of my posts.

The fact of the matter is that it is against OCDO rules to bash pro 2A gun groups so John was out of line with this post.

I will continue to make trouble for any poster that does this, or calls LE Nazi's or talks about gubmint conspiracy or in any way turns OCDO into a forum for personal political agendas.

BROKENSPROKET

I will continue to make trouble for any poster that does this, or calls LE Nazi's or talks about gubmint conspiracy or in any way turns OCDO into a forum for personal political agendas.

I see now. Instead of John enforcinng the rules in a professional manner, he has unleashed the hounds(YOU). That may not be true, but altest to me, it is highly plauseable, since YOU have broken forum rules excessivley and he won't bann you for a minimal period of time. Now, John just deletes your posts that break rules, instead of editing them, I imagine his hope is that noone see's it and won't recieve pressure to bann you. Also, instead of disciplining your behaviour, he just locks threads that you derail.

I can predict that John will eventually lock this thread, it will get derailed. That is your mission as you have confessed. Locked it will get and nothing will happen to you.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
My hope, if you wish to know it, is not to have to edit dozens of posts every day like some run-ragged Kindergarten teacher.

And I assure you that keeping Spartacus around does not bring me any closer to that goal! So if you see anything sinister in the fact that I have held-off on banning a poster who is an active gun rights supporter in real life, you are missing the point.

John

I see now. Instead of John enforcinng the rules in a professional manner, he has unleashed the hounds(YOU). That may not be true, but altest to me, it is highly plauseable, since YOU have broken forum rules excessivley and he won't bann you for a minimal period of time. Now, John just deletes your posts that break rules, instead of editing them, I imagine his hope is that noone see's it and won't recieve pressure to bann you. Also, instead of disciplining your behaviour, he just locks threads that you derail.

I can predict that John will eventually lock this thread, it will get derailed. That is your mission as you have confessed. Locked it will get and nothing will happen to you.

B

bhancock

There is no denying the nra has done some very great things for our gun rights, we are better for them. When I see things like this happen I can't help but feel like they are losing direction. Kind suports the sportsmen, not the constitution, Dan suports the constitution 100%, that's what it about. They should suport the best canidate, the one that represents us best. Don't missunderstand my frustration, I believe this country is in a better place because of their efforts, I give credit where credit is due and they deserve a lot of credit. If they continue to back canidates that think the 2nd is about deer hunting then in the end we will all lose.

Actually, The NRA did full and well support Reid. Privately and publicly. They backed down from supporting either candidate when an outcry of disbelief and outrage erupted from the membership over their support of Reid.

And still they support Culver in Iowa. And now Ron Kind. Oh, and let's not forget they were a driving force behind the Disclose Act. For purely disingenuous and selfserving reasons.

They are not my gun rights advocacy group any longer. Haven't gotten a dime from me in over a year. They have lost their way. You do as you like and I will do as I like. For now, I support the GOA and JFPO.

As for them having accomplished something in the past, Sure they have. But that was then and this is now, not the 70's or whenever. Now is all that matters because Now will determine our future.

They are much more interested in their own bottom line now (takes over 35,000 memberships just to pay Wayne LaPierre's salary)

+1

BROKENSPROKET

My hope, if you wish to know it, is not to have to edit dozens of posts every day like some run-ragged Kindergarten teacher.

And I assure you that keeping Spartacus around does not bring me any closer to that goal! So if you see anything sinister in the fact that I have held-off on banning a poster who is an active gun rights supporter in real life, you are missing the point.

John

I have already conceded that Spartacus is an active gun rights supporter in the field, with many things which he deserves credit for.

You use the anology of a Kindergarten teacher run-ragged. A teacher that allows one student to disrupt the class by breaking rules can expect chaos, thus being run-ragged. Analogically speaking, put him in the corner, take away his recess, send him to the principal. I question openly why you have not temporarlily banned him yet. Until you can answer that or do it, I will be missing the point.

wrightme

Actually, The NRA did full and well support Reid. Privately and publicly.
I live IN Nevada, and I did not see them "full and well support Reid." Where have they done so?
hardballer said:
They were not a "driving force" behind the Disclose Act. They stood against it, and remained against it.

The Don

You wish. A few talk about it but then all of a sudden they respond like Doug did to one of my posts.

The fact of the matter is that it is against OCDO rules to bash pro 2A gun groups so John was out of line with this post.

I've never talked about putting you on my ignore list. You've suggested that I should because it would be "easier for me", but I never said I would.

The fact of the matter is that it is against OCDO rules to engage in personal attacks so you have historically been out of line with many of your posts.

I will continue to "make trouble" (whatever that means) for you if you continue to do this.

As for calling LE Nazi's or talking about government conspiracy...that's technically not against the rules. The closest you get to that is, again, Rule #6, where it is stated that personal attacks based on choice of occupation are not allowed. I'm not saying to do so is right or wrong, I'm just saying there's technically nothing about it in the rules.

Here's Rule #6, if you want to take a look at it:

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

(BTW, saying "gubmint" instead of "government" is a subtle personal attack against those who believe in government conspiracies. It implies that someone who does believe in government conspiracies is uneducated and poorly spoken and of a lesser intelligence than someone who does not believe in government conspiracies.)

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
I have already conceded that Spartacus is an active gun rights supporter in the field, with many things which he deserves credit for.

You use the anology of a Kindergarten teacher run-ragged. A teacher that allows one student to disrupt the class by breaking rules can expect chaos, thus being run-ragged. Analogically speaking, put him in the corner, take away his recess, send him to the principal. I question openly why you have not temporarlily banned him yet. Until you can answer that or do it, I will be missing the point.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

John understands that I am one of the few people on here that truly understands the purpose of OCDO, and that purpose is not to push personal agendas however tempting that may be, but ONLY to advance open carry rights in the US and in the case of Wisconsin to advance concealed carry. Any other attempted use of OCDO is a mis-use.

As a bulletin board owner myself I feel bad that John has to come over here and straighten this forum out all the time. It would not be necessary if everyone used common sense before posting and STAID ON POINT.

Spartacus, here is a thought I want you to mull over. YOU ARE NOT AN ADMINISTRATOR!
JOHN IS! So, let John take care of the problems, instead you act like the frickin Punisher on this board. You are no more important that me, or anyone else on this board. We are all gun rights supporters. You feel bad John has to? You do realize many many times over it is to delete your drivel right?

There, the Don got it, but just in case I edited it with crayon.IMHO, its time for the NRA to disband.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
I live IN Nevada, and I did not see them "full and well support Reid." Where have they done so?
They were not a "driving force" behind the Disclose Act. They stood against it, and remained against it.

Thanks for coming over and helping out here wrightme.

I get sick of all the NRA bashers who in reality are taking the same stance as the anti-gunners who bash the NRA all the time.

The Don

Spartacus, here is a thought I want you to mull over. YOU ARE NOT AN ADMINISTRATOR!
JOHN IS! So, let John take care of it, instead you act like the frickin Punisher on this board. You are no more important that me, or anyone else on this board. We are all gun rights supporters.

+1(0000)

Spartacus

Banned
JOHN IS! So, let John take care of it, instead you act like the frickin Punisher on this board. You are no more important that me, or anyone else on this board. We are all gun rights supporters. You feel bad John has to? You do realize many many times over it is to delete your drivel right?

If I could comprehend your post I could respond to it.

I never said I was any better than anyone else. Just that I understand the purpose of OCDO and sometimes I get a little rough in making the point.

BROKENSPROKET

No. You are the one saying it in as many words.

A rational person can see thier errors, while and irrational person my not.

You are an irrational, immature, arrogant, delusional elitist. My previous expereince with you in person I felt you were a charming, pleasannt yet slighty arrogant person. One I could call a friend. But your true colors have shown on this forum.

The above line will get edited, but atleast Spartacus will get to read it before it is.

A rational person can see thier errors, while and irrational person my not.

You are an irrational, immature, arrogant, delusional elitist. My previous expereince with you in person I felt you were a charming, pleasannt yet slighty arrogant person. One I could call a friend. But your true colors have shown on this forum.

The above line will get edited, but atleast Spartacus will get to read it before it is.

Ahh, but is speaking the truth really a personal attack?

BROKENSPROKET

.IMHO, its time for the NRA to disband.

I regret that I have never been a NRA memeber. There was a day I would have been proud to be. Not today.

The NRA will fall apart. Some day states gun rights groups may have to form solidarirty on a national level under some sort of coalition, but it won't be under the NRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.