• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More Reason To Think The NRA Has Lost It's Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret that I have never been a NRA memeber. There was a day I would have been proud to be. Not today.

The NRA will fall apart. Some day states gun rights groups may have to form solidarirty on a national level under some sort of coalition, but it won't be under the NRA.

That will be a truly great day. The NRA is exactly what would happen if a liberal formed a guns club. Or something to that effect.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Comments removed by moderator

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack
I feel bad that John has to come over here and straighten this forum out all the time. It would not be necessary if everyone used common sense before posting and STAID ON POINT.

Maybe you should take your own advice and try to be a little less abrasive and not continually argue and attack other members?
It sure would make this forum more productive and pleasurable for all involved.

CUOfficer

This post is about the NRA right? Have they done anything to help out our situation in Wisconsin? Feel free to correct me, but aren't they only pushing for concealed carry? Have they reached out to Wisconsin Carry at all and offered support for the current lawsuit? I realize that I am young and don't know everything (as was posted by someone above), but in my short lifetime I haven't really seen them do much.

The Don

I realize that I am young.

Age matters not. Welcome.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you with regard to the NRA. I feel like they some good a while ago, but haven't been as helpful recently to OC and unrestricted CC. Before I started being interested in OC, I had a MUCH dimmer view of them...now I'm just slightly on the negative side of neutral towards them.

I guess I kinda feel toward them like I do towards PETA...objectively, they probably do some good (though it irks me to admit that in the case of PETA), but subjectively, they've allowed themselves to get an "extremist" reputation/image in the mind of the general public (warranted or not), which doesn't really help our cause, and they don't seem to be interested in doing anything to counteract that.

I'm not intending to bash them, and I'm not belittling what they've done in the past, I'm just stating my thoughts about them now. Admin, if you happen to see this and if it crosses the bashing line, feel free to delete it without waiting for anyone to report it.

BROKENSPROKET

This post is about the NRA right? Have they done anything to help out our situation in Wisconsin? Feel free to correct me, but aren't they only pushing for concealed carry? Have they reached out to Wisconsin Carry at all and offered support for the current lawsuit? I realize that I am young and don't know everything (as was posted by someone above), but in my short lifetime I haven't really seen them do much.

I suggest you talk to Hubert, ASAP.

paul@paul-fisher.com

A lawsuit update was mentioned at last Saturdays picnic. I will not publish it because it wasn't indicated as public knowledge but if you want to PM Shotgun or bnhcomputing they can probably give details.

Spartacus

Banned
A rational person can see thier errors, while and irrational person my not.

You are an irrational, immature, arrogant, delusional elitist. My previous expereince with you in person I felt you were a charming, pleasannt yet slighty arrogant person. One I could call a friend. But your true colors have shown on this forum.

The above line will get edited, but atleast Spartacus will get to read it before it is.

No it won't get deleted because I'm not a big crybaby and have never bothered John once with any "personal attacks" against me. I could care less what you think about me Greg.

Nick, being young is not a problem until the young person pretends to know more than they really do which happens often in the Internet Generation where a series of Blogs and Soundbites serve to "completely" educate the young one. Its like the old story about the blind man who tried to describe an elephant by feeling only its trunk.

Heres a brief history of the NRA for you. It was founded after the civil war and has done nothing else but promote the RKBA at a national level. There mere fact that you use WCI and NRA in the same sentence belies your lack of understanding of both organizations.

http://www.nrahq.org/history.asp

Last edited:

Touchdown

I live IN Nevada, and I did not see them "full and well support Reid." Where have they done so?
They were not a "driving force" behind the Disclose Act. They stood against it, and remained against it.

It is my understanding that LaPierre financially supported Reid's campaign to the tune of $5,000 (at least). The fact that they are not supporting Angle, who had an A rating before, is questionable.

I respect many things the NRA has done, but I am not a fan of choosing someone on a single issue as they do. I am a multi-faceted voter.

Last edited:

wrightme

It is my understanding that LaPierre financially supported Reid's campaign to the tune of $5,000 (at least). The fact that they are not supporting Angle, who had an A rating before, is questionable.
Odd. So where do you get that "understanding?" And who cares what LaPierre supposedly did? What did the NRA do? The NRA didn't support Reid. In fact, they specifically did NOT rate him well for the upcoming election cycle.
Touchdown said:
I respect many things the NRA has done, but I am not a fan of choosing someone on a single issue as they do. I am a multi-faceted voter.
Hopefully, most voters ARE multi-faceted. But you must remember, the NRA is a single-factor organization. As such, they ONLY rank candidates based upon that single factor. Attempts to hold them accountable for rankings based upon other factors 'misses the target.'

johnny amish

That is brings to mind an interesting question, why have they not endorsed Angle? She seems like the right canidate for the job. Also fyi, the NRA views Wisconsin as one of two states in the union with no right to carry, why?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/nra-final-2-states-without-right-to-carry-gun-laws-will-fall

Last edited:

hardballer

I live IN Nevada, and I did not see them "full and well support Reid." Where have they done so?
They were not a "driving force" behind the Disclose Act. They stood against it, and remained against it.

I'm not sure where you get your info bub but try this this on Harry Reid:

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/07/01/more-on-the-nras-harry-reid-endorsement/

http://theweek.com/article/index/204644/the-nra-endorsing-harry-reid

NRA Disclose Act:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/17/AR2010061705859.html

http://politics.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/06/17/groups-question-nra-disclosure-bill-deal.html

http://www.opencongress.org/article...d-Liberals-Angry-over-NRA-s-DISCLOSE-Act-Deal
Next time do your own research. There is a sh..load of other commentary on both of these subjects. Just open your eyes and read.

The NRA can blather on all they want to try do damage control. Watch what they say when they think no one cares or is watching.

Last edited:

wrightme

"Bub," I get my information from unbiased sources, unlike you. Why the shift to rudeness? I have reviewed those articles. They are strictly supposition, and do not address what actually was presented by the NRA.

The NRA did NOT endorse Harry Reid. It is completely false to claim that they did.

They did NOT drive the Disclose Act. They OPPOSED it, before and after the amendment that would have excluded large organizations, which included other organizations than the NRA.

The actual facts do NOT support the claims you seem to believe. But I don't doubt that the facts will not alter your perceptions one bit.

I'm not sure where you get your info bub but try this this on Harry Reid:

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/07/01/more-on-the-nras-harry-reid-endorsement/

http://theweek.com/article/index/204644/the-nra-endorsing-harry-reid

NRA Disclose Act:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/17/AR2010061705859.html

http://politics.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/06/17/groups-question-nra-disclosure-bill-deal.html

http://www.opencongress.org/article...d-Liberals-Angry-over-NRA-s-DISCLOSE-Act-Deal
Next time do your own research. There is a sh..load of other commentary on both of these subjects. Just open your eyes and read.

The NRA can blather on all they want to try do damage control. Watch what they say when they think no one cares or is watching.

I have "done my own research," and I stand by my statements.

The NRA did not endorse Harry Reid.

The NRA did NOT "drive the Disclose Act."

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
The actual facts do NOT support the claims you seem to believe. But I don't doubt that the facts will not alter your perceptions one bit.

Exactly.

What befuddles me is that these buffleheads pick ONE or TWO mistakes the NRA MIGHT have made in their 139 year history and ignore the world of good it has done.

There is a cure for ignorance but none for stupid...

Spartacus, the world has shades of grey. You apparently only deal in black and white. COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

hardballer

"Bub," I get my information from unbiased sources, unlike you. Why the shift to rudeness? I have reviewed those articles. They are strictly supposition, and do not address what actually was presented by the NRA.

The NRA did NOT endorse Harry Reid. It is completely false to claim that they did.

They did NOT drive the Disclose Act. They OPPOSED it, before and after the amendment that would have excluded large organizations, which included other organizations than the NRA.

I have "done my own research," and I stand by my statements.

The NRA did not endorse Harry Reid.

The NRA did NOT "drive the Disclose Act."

I'm guessing you work for the NRA in their damage control section. Seriously, you are welcome to your opinion. As for a long history, the NRA has taken the art of compromise to a new level. In the past they were instrumental in drafting 'GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION'. Another mistake. As for the Disclose Act, If the did not push it, they did take full advantage of it rather than fight it tooth and nail.
I humbly disagree with your position, Writeme and Spartacus. I don't think they are working in our best interest. We'll see but for now, You guys keep sending them your cash and I'll send mine to the GOA, and a few other select Orgs.

Spartacus

Banned
I'm guessing you work for the NRA in their damage control section. Seriously, you are welcome to your opinion. As for a long history, the NRA has taken the art of compromise to a new level. In the past they were instrumental in drafting 'GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION'. Another mistake. As for the Disclose Act, If the did not push it, they did take full advantage of it rather than fight it tooth and nail.
I humbly disagree with your position, Writeme and Spartacus. I don't think they are working in our best interest. We'll see but for now, You guys keep sending them your cash and I'll send mine to the GOA, and a few other select Orgs.

My dad got us kids a lifetime membership long ago Dave so the matter of money is settled. Its never been about money except in the minds of the haters its about promoting 2A freedom and who has ever even come close to the influence the NRA has had down through the years?

I say again that you guys who bash the NRA are missing the historical significance and influence of the organization which without we would be like Canada or Australia now. Why nit-pick about something that good? Are they perfect? No. But if you don't agree with certain policies get in there and get involved and get the policies changed. The NRA is only getting stronger and I for one am thankful for it. I also contribute to other gun rights groups but the NRA is and always will be the Big Dog in the park.

Hopefully the lesson learned here is that 2A groups bashing is not allowed on OCDO. The admin edited Johnny Amish's original post to that effect. Discuss yes, bash no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.