• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salinas PD Contact at Wal-Mart

OPS MARINE

I was just contacted inside the Wal-Mart at the corner of San Juan Grade and Boronda in Salinas. It is, at the front doors, 400 yards away from McKinnon Elementary School. When I walked in I noticed him and he looked at me and nodded his head in acknowledgement. I had to cross his path to get past, so I stopped to shake his hand.

He saw the weapon and didn't even flinch. I had a short conversation with him, during which, no e-check was made.

I will be meeting him at tomorrow at Starbucks, where he is bringing the paperwork for a ride-a-long. I will be unarmed for said ride-a-long, but for this meeting, it doesn't seem as though going armed will be a problem. I will make every attempt to get photos for you guys.

JJg22

lol how was the PD contacted or you contacted by the PD if you just saw him and walked up to him? haha but good encounter. Ride alongs are fun, its part of my paid training so I enjoy them. Enjoy!

OPS MARINE

Purpose

I guess the purpose of this post was to alert you to what essentially was a good consensual encounter with the police. Having been an officer myself, I understand how disconcerting it can be to have someone walk up on you with a weapon, regardless of what you believe your abilities are. He was polite, professional and engaging.

I have some short and long term goals in my return to Law Enforcement, and hopefully this is a mechanism that's able to help me.

Yes, ridealongs are fun...I even gave a few when I was active.

OPS MARINE

Starbucks

Well, ran into a Monterey County Sheriff's Deputy this AM at Starbucks. Smiled, nodded, got coffee. No incident. Went about the rest of the day.