Thread: SD Politics/November Elections

Campaign Veteran
    Rapid City, South Dakota, USA

SD Politics/November Elections

I'm not as knowledgeable about this seasons candidates as I should be. I did contact the Daugaard campaign to ask if he had a position on OC. This was the answer I received from a staffer:

"Sorry for the late response. Your letter from Dennis is in the mail, but his position is that he supports current South Dakota law which allows open carry."

Patrick Weber
    Mobile: 605.929.1125
    Office: 605.331.2010

It's a pretty safe position, and one that I would expect from a SD politician. Do you have any info on the positions of any of the other candidates this Fall?
    Last edited by petrophase; 09-30-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Campaign Veteran
    Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
    Contacted congressional candidates Kristi Noem and SHS.

What is Kristi Noem's/SHS's position on open carry, as in the open carry of firearms by law-abiding citizens? In South Dakota, as in most states, open carry is not prohibited by law. However, in some states open carry has been questioned or attacked by legislators and politicians. Nationally, this is an important and current issue.
    I am a private citizen and a voting resident of South Dakota. I am also a member of the internet forum
    Thank you for your prompt response,

Kristi Noem:

Kristi asked me to get back to you about your question on open carry. Kristi supports open carry. As you may know, Kristi has been a strong supporter of Second Amendment Rights during her career in the State Legislature and will continue that if elected to Congress.

Thank you for contacting our office. Let us know if you have any questions in the future and we would appreciate your support on Election Day.

Andrew Christianson
    Kristi for Congress

SHS (I think this was a robo-reply):

"Thank you for contacting my office. I have received your message and appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with me. I am grateful for your input and I will keep your concerns in mind as this issue is addressed in Congress.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to call on me whenever I can be of service.

Stephanie Herseth Sandlin"
    Last edited by petrophase; 10-26-2010 at 12:26 PM.

The Cadre
    The NRA gives both candidates an "A" rating, however, the NRA has chosen to endorse Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, D-S.D, as it has done since 2004.

Here's the statistics on your incumbent:

A recent controversial flyer:

These two will be debating on South Dakota Public Television and on KELO land TV Oct 26 and 27.

The challenger, Kristi on 2A:

Gun Owners of America rating on the two:

Based on 2A issues only, you don't have any real bad choices in SD, based on voting history of the incumbents and proclamations of the challenger.

Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Voting for Stephanie Herseth Sandlin will leave the democrats in the majority. They will re-elect Nancy Pelosi as speaker and Pelosi will set the agenda. Pelosi is anti gun, anti open carry and anti American. Do not vote for someone who supports the leadership of Pelosi.
    Live Free or Die!