• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where are they?

slowfiveoh

Deadpool - Purported supporter of OC, but has not posted here in a month now
RussP - Adamant that he supported OC, but has not posted here in a month now
Grassroots - Purported supporter of OC, but has not posted here in a month now

I am just curious, were they just here to heckle another user, while cloaked in the guise of supporting open carry as a movement?

Sure seems so... :lol:

Procarryguy

Banned
I find it comical that the very person accusing others of stalking someone only to harass them is in turn stalking them to harass them. :lol:

Maybe they left because there was no intelligent conversation to be had here. I know that's why I seldom frequent here. :cool:

suntzu

I hardly ever post here in this forum because (a) it seems that those in Tennessee are disinterested in furthering gun rights in this state and (b) don't seem to want to take the time to write, call and contact their state legislators and let them know that Tennessee should be a free state where, like Alaska and Arizona, no permit is required to carry. Tennessee residents should be getting their message out to the media, but they don't, because sadly many are happy with the situation as it is.

Tennessee has swallowed the "training" lie hook line and sinker--and yet the people in this state don't even want to back that up by writing and stating their belief that gun owners in this state, and those with permits especially, be required to take 60-80hrs of firearms training courses a year--which should be in turn completely paid for by the state-if it is about training, then really make it about training.

So it is, was and remains to be about the money the state can get from the permit--and that the people are more than happy to give in order to get their state sponsored privilege card.

LV XD9

I find it comical that the very person accusing others of stalking someone only to harass them is in turn stalking them to harass them. :lol:

Maybe they left because there was no intelligent conversation to be had here. I know that's why I seldom frequent here. :cool:

Says the guy whose entire post history consists of stalker-like attacks on Kwik...

HvyMtl

Since the lack of Kwik, there have been very, very few topics started in the Tennessee Forum. This is sad. (Not that Kwik is gone, but due to the lack of support for the forum in Tennessee.) (OR, I hope it is lack of attempts to limit rights in Tennessee. The legislature is on the right track, and slowly, slowly, slowly moving forward.)

But, hey, feel free to be insulting to other members, as I am sure it will make them post. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

suntzu

I have to say I have no issue with what kwik did--his goal should be that of all members on this board--to further gun rights in our individual states and across the nation. I had no issue with him walking down the street with that Navy Colt in his hand--he was within the law. I had no issue with him carrying his AK pistol into the park--he was again within the law.

When the rubber hits the road where does everyone stand on OC?

HvyMtl

My only issues with Kwik were - his inability to answer legitimate questions, and then ignoring those who asked, his wanton disregard for the safety of others around him, his want to sue, he claimed to carry in locations where it was illegal to do so, and anyone who did not act as he demanded were labeled anti-gun.

(I will be attacked in 3, 2,...)

That off topic point said. OC is good. Great deterrent.

And that off topic point said,

Slow, I think, just wants to stir some stuff up with the ones he targeted in the post.

Last edited:

eb31

Since the lack of Kwik, there have been very, very few topics started in the Tennessee Forum. This is sad. (Not that Kwik is gone, but due to the lack of support for the forum in Tennessee.)

But, hey, feel free to be insulting to other members, as I am sure it will make them post. :rolleyes:

I personally know (as in friends I speak to daily/weekly) well over 50 handgun carriers in Tn. Some OC, some CC. The big difference between them, and myself, and most everyone here is that we legitimately carry for self defense. We carry on a daily basis and it is the norm. We DON'T run around with assault rifles strapped to our backs in family restaurants (Kimberguy) just to push some agenda on flexing our constitutional rights and pushing everything to the limit. We also dont have an anti-LE agenda. We dont have attorneys on retainer. We dont carry video/audio recorders. We dont march up and down streets in packs of 10-20 just to make a point.

We carry NORMALLY, as we please and go ajout our daily business. We do not deliberately draw negative attention to ourselves and then threaten to sue.

This site has such a negative reputation throughout the general carry community, its not even funny. Its pretty sad.

But you've done it to yourselves.

slowfiveoh

My only issues with Kwik were - his inability to answer legitimate questions, and then ignoring those who asked, his wanton disregard for the safety of others around him, his want to sue, he claimed to carry in locations where it was illegal to do so, and anyone who did not act as he demanded were labeled anti-gun.

(I will be attacked in 3, 2,...)

That off topic point said. OC is good. Great deterrent.

And that off topic point said,

Slow, I think, just wants to stir some stuff up with the ones he targeted in the post.

Negative.

It was merely to point out that those who came to bash a confirmed open carrier, were in fact not interested in sustaining conversational discourse after a mere 1 member left the forum.

This member was the only glue binding them here in any way, and it was merely so they could stalk/defame/libel him.

The entire string of arguments were made, quite clearly, under the guise of "supporting open carry, but not agreeing with kwik".

This site is probably the premier Open Carry community for those wishing to share their thoughts, ideas, concerns, or questions. It is the Open Carry "melting pot", so to speak.

Long ago (I would have to dig to find the posts), several people (including myself) hit the nail on the head by stating that people merely joined, or came over from other forums to simply bash said member, and that as soon as said member left or otherwise, they would disappear too.

Their concerns were not Open Carry related whatsoever, nor was their true backing of Open Carry likely ever a factor.

This is the point, and I think after 2-3 months of them not posting, it is well made.

Thanks.

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Actually, not to offend, but to be fair:

After a quick look through the Tennessee threads, after the "Was Kwikrnu serious about no more posts?" as a point of demarcation, Slow, you posted in this ("Where are they?") thread. The only other one you posted in was: "TN Police confiscate mans AK47."

Why would this be of interest? Because this is the same thread as RussP and Grassroots last posted in... Grassroots a day or so before you, and RussP, a day or so after you.

So, you too do not seem to be posting in the Tennessee forum, unless it is somehow related to Kwik..

Again, no offense, Slow, just being fair.

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

Actually, not to offend, but to be fair:

After a quick look through the Tennessee threads, after the "Was Kwikrnu serious about no more posts?" as a point of demarcation, Slow, you posted in this ("Where are they?") thread. The only other one you posted in was: "TN Police confiscate mans AK47."

Why would this be of interest? Because this is the same thread as RussP and Grassroots last posted in... Grassroots a day or so before you, and RussP, a day or so after you.

So, you too do not seem to be posting in the Tennessee forum, unless it is somehow related to Kwik..

Again, no offense, Slow, just being fair.

You don't understand what I had stated.

By "here" I mean on this forum at all. You should search my latest posts. Supporting of OC does not stop at the boundary line separating the Tennessee sub-forum fro mthe rest of the forum, or the cause as a whole.

Rest assured I am always monitoring sections of this forum, but outside of the "visitor coming to Tennessee" etc. threads, there hasn't been much going on here.

In order to not seem centralized and focused on Leonard, the others I had mentioned, and some I have not, would focus on posting in other threads around the forum too.

Leonard left, they left.

My activities have been following BigToe in California, and more recently TomBrewster here in Washington.

Not that my activities need to be explained, but there it is.

Last edited:

suntzu

You don't understand what I had stated.

By "here" I mean on this forum at all. You should search my latest posts. Supporting of OC does not stop at the boundary line separating the Tennessee sub-forum fro mthe rest of the forum, or the cause as a whole.

Rest assured I am always monitoring sections of this forum, but outside of the "visitor coming to Tennessee" etc. threads, there hasn't been much going on here.

In order to not seem centralized and focused on Leonard, the others I had mentioned, and some I have not, would focus on posting in other threads around the forum too.

Leonard left, they left.

My activities have been following BigToe in California, and more recently TomBrewster here in Washington.

Not that my activities need to be explained, but there it is.

I've been following the Culvers 5 incident in the Wisconsin, and the Tom Brewster thread in Washington State forum. I just wish every gun owner in the state would take the time to commit to obtaining a Constitutional carry law getting passed in the coming legislative session--it is wishful thinking, but I still wish for it.

Kwik was not the bad guy everyone thought he was--he was committed to expanding OC--he just took a more radical route than everyone else and following the old Japanese proverb "the nail which sticks out gets hammered down"--and the state hammered Kwik at I believe the behest of the city of Bell Meade--it was a concerted effort I believe on their part to do everything they could to get him out of their hair if even for a while--and they accomplished that. Now kwiks options are limited--the suit he will hopefully win, but my guess is he will end up appealing it, because Tennessee isn't going to give up all of that $$$ so easily, OR in lieu of that he will have to move to a free state that provides Constitutional carry like Arizona, or Alaska....

Kwik, if you are reading this--I hope you win, I really do.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
Thanks suntzu and slowfiveoh. The bashers left because they were here for only one reason. There is no proof and none was shown that I broke any law nor that I had been charged or arrested for any crime. It is sad these haters have nothing better to do than defame an honest open carrier.