Thread: Insite into LEO mentality

Insite into LEO mentality

Due to all the recent leo rights violations, i figured i would post this that happened back in 2007.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22394933/

"
    Police academy says, ‘Go out and cause’ PTSD
    Slogan of graduating cadets in Idaho draws ire of academy leader

BOISE, Idaho — A state police academy leader has disavowed the slogan of the most recent graduating class urging one another to "go out and cause" post-traumatic stress disorder.
    Each class at the Idaho Police Officer Standards and Training Academy is allowed to choose a slogan that is printed on its graduation programs, and the class of 43 graduates came up with "Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it."
    According to the Veterans Association, tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers suffer from PTSD, which causes nightmares, flashbacks and physical symptoms that make sufferers feel as if they are reliving trauma, even many years later. Crime, accidents and other trauma can cause it in civilians.
    Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney, who attended the Dec. 14 graduation, pointed out the slogan to the academy's director, Jeff Black, minutes before the ceremony began, Raney said. A photograph of the program was e-mailed anonymously to news outlets throughout the state.
    "That's not something we encourage or condone," Black said. "It shouldn't have been there. It was inappropriate."
    Black said the class president was ex-military, and that the slogan "slipped in." He declined to identify the graduate. Black said future slogans would be vetted by academy leaders.
    "

Banned
    The slogan was inappropriate and humorous. Leadership acted properly in disavowing it and agreeing to vet future slogans.

Young and irresponsible folks are put in check by mature leaders. That's how the world works.

That entire graduating class should be required to undergo psychological evals and go through the academy again before they are unleashed on the public.

Appalling..
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Thats pretty awful. I've been deployed before and I'm looking at going back in May. At least some LEO's get a kick out of it.....
    HOOAH?

I would have expected better from ID. Just shows room temperature IQ'd cops aren't limited to the slave states. I wonder how many--if any, of these "heroes" have ever seen combat? Maybe they wouldn't be so glib if they served. Talk is cheap when you never had to prove you had what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I would have expected better from ID. Just shows room temperature IQ'd cops aren't limited to the slave states. I wonder how many--if any, of these "heroes" have ever seen combat? Maybe they wouldn't be so glib if they served. Talk is cheap when you never had to prove you had what it takes.
    Which States are slave states?

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    I would guess Kalifornia and the Peoples Republic of Maryland, just to name two. I don't think that's what was meant, though.

But where I'm from it's still sometimes called the War of Northern Aggression, so I may be a little biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Which States are slave states?
    Well, let's see (As I'm a Yankee born and bred, has nothing to do with Civil War): NY; MA; RI; MD; CT; IL; CA to name the top, not in any particular order. WI not too far from it. OR on the brink. "Slave" referring to the police states' desire to subjugate the populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Well, let's see (As I'm a Yankee born and bred, has nothing to do with Civil War): NY; MA; RI; MD; CT; IL; CA to name the top, not in any particular order. WI not too far from it. OR on the brink. "Slave" referring to the police states' desire to subjugate the populace.
    works for me. I had not heard them called slave states before.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    works for me. I had not heard them called slave states before.
    Just made it up. Seems appropriate.

Banned
    I thought you meant something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I thought you meant something completely different.
    Is that your mind I see in the gutter?