• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Insite into LEO mentality

jimd_21

Due to all the recent leo rights violations, i figured i would post this that happened back in 2007.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22394933/

"
Police academy says, ‘Go out and cause’ PTSD
Slogan of graduating cadets in Idaho draws ire of academy leader

BOISE, Idaho — A state police academy leader has disavowed the slogan of the most recent graduating class urging one another to "go out and cause" post-traumatic stress disorder.
Each class at the Idaho Police Officer Standards and Training Academy is allowed to choose a slogan that is printed on its graduation programs, and the class of 43 graduates came up with "Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it."
According to the Veterans Association, tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers suffer from PTSD, which causes nightmares, flashbacks and physical symptoms that make sufferers feel as if they are reliving trauma, even many years later. Crime, accidents and other trauma can cause it in civilians.
Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney, who attended the Dec. 14 graduation, pointed out the slogan to the academy's director, Jeff Black, minutes before the ceremony began, Raney said. A photograph of the program was e-mailed anonymously to news outlets throughout the state.
"That's not something we encourage or condone," Black said. "It shouldn't have been there. It was inappropriate."
Black said the class president was ex-military, and that the slogan "slipped in." He declined to identify the graduate. Black said future slogans would be vetted by academy leaders.
"

eye95

The slogan was inappropriate and humorous. Leadership acted properly in disavowing it and agreeing to vet future slogans.

Young and irresponsible folks are put in check by mature leaders. That's how the world works.

Dreamer

That entire graduating class should be required to undergo psychological evals and go through the academy again before they are unleashed on the public.

Appalling..

Gunslinger

I would have expected better from ID. Just shows room temperature IQ'd cops aren't limited to the slave states. I wonder how many--if any, of these "heroes" have ever seen combat? Maybe they wouldn't be so glib if they served. Talk is cheap when you never had to prove you had what it takes.

Daylen

I would have expected better from ID. Just shows room temperature IQ'd cops aren't limited to the slave states. I wonder how many--if any, of these "heroes" have ever seen combat? Maybe they wouldn't be so glib if they served. Talk is cheap when you never had to prove you had what it takes.

Which States are slave states?

Brimstone Baritone

I would guess Kalifornia and the Peoples Republic of Maryland, just to name two. I don't think that's what was meant, though. ;)

But where I'm from it's still sometimes called the War of Northern Aggression, so I may be a little biased.

Gunslinger

Which States are slave states?

Well, let's see (As I'm a Yankee born and bred, has nothing to do with Civil War): NY; MA; RI; MD; CT; IL; CA to name the top, not in any particular order. WI not too far from it. OR on the brink. "Slave" referring to the police states' desire to subjugate the populace.

Daylen

Well, let's see (As I'm a Yankee born and bred, has nothing to do with Civil War): NY; MA; RI; MD; CT; IL; CA to name the top, not in any particular order. WI not too far from it. OR on the brink. "Slave" referring to the police states' desire to subjugate the populace.

works for me. I had not heard them called slave states before.