• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson area Mall removes "No weapons" signs...??

GWbiker

I drove up to the La Encantada shopping center on northern outskirts of Tuscon yesterday. Went to browse the Apple store. No OC or CC for me since in the past La Encantada has been posted no weapons - however, on Thursday I couldn't find any "Rules of Conduct" signs at Mall entrance, nor did I find "Gun Busters" signs posted at restaurants, although I did not search inside each one. I saw several vacant stores, including one large restaurant, so maybe La Encantada management realized that posting a gun free zone is not a good idea.

Wastelander

I drove up to the La Encantada shopping center on northern outskirts of Tuscon yesterday. Went to browse the Apple store. No OC or CC for me since in the past La Encantada has been posted no weapons - however, on Thursday I couldn't find any "Rules of Conduct" signs at Mall entrance, nor did I find "Gun Busters" signs posted at restaurants, although I did not search inside each one. I saw several vacant stores, including one large restaurant, so maybe La Encantada management realized that posting a gun free zone is not a good idea.

Interesting. I'll e-mail the property manager

ETA: Just sent an e-mail to the property manager for that mall. I'll post here when I find out if the policy has changed or if they are just updating the signage

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

I don't normally go to the Malls... (any). Too damn far... I think I was in that one a couple years ago. I buy most of what I want/need (personal stuff) on-line. I don't have to 'shop' like a schlumpf.

Last edited:

sonoran_Tj

Was the large vacant restaurant Bluepoint? They have been out of business for a while now, I don't think it had anything to do with La Encantada's gun policy. Hopefully they allow open carry, that would definitely make them seem better in my eyes although I've never really liked that mall. It just seems too fancy. I only go for the bose store and Frost.

Wastelander

Was the large vacant restaurant Bluepoint? They have been out of business for a while now, I don't think it had anything to do with La Encantada's gun policy. Hopefully they allow open carry, that would definitely make them seem better in my eyes although I've never really liked that mall. It just seems too fancy. I only go for the bose store and Frost.

Almost all of the malls owned by that company cater to people making $75,000+ per year. They are supposed to be fancy :p

GWbiker

It believe it was Bluepoint - I haven't been there for a while. Maybe the anti-gun policy had something to do with lower patronage at La Encantada shopping center, I'm only guessing of course.

Last year I bought a $2300 MacBook Pro from Best Buys on Broadway due to their allowing me to OC inside the store. Store manager also adjusted final price on the Mac to reflect the lower .02% sales tax difference at Pima County (Apple Store).

Wastelander

Here is the response from the property manager:

"The no firearms signs should still be up in the parking lot near the entrances. As you know it is private property so we can legally make this request. There is a state law that protects your right to keep a firearm in your car at your place of work that he can research to see if it is applicable for your friend."

GWbiker

Here is the response from the property manager:

"The no firearms signs should still be up in the parking lot near the entrances. As you know it is private property so we can legally make this request. There is a state law that protects your right to keep a firearm in your car at your place of work that he can research to see if it is applicable for your friend."

Thanks for the follow up.....

The stand up signs I saw near entrances were promotional banners for upcoming events at La Encantada. These are the same signs I saw several months ago that carried the "Code of Conduct - no weapons" notice.

AFA keeping a gun in the car - I never keep a gun in the car - I carry it on me.

Please pass on to the property manager that at least one pro second amendment Tucson citizen won't be shopping at La Encantada. Might mention my choice of Best Buy for two $$$$$$ computer purchases within past three years, because of BB acceptance of OC.

Last edited:

Wastelander

Thanks for the follow up.....

The stand up signs I saw near entrances were promotional banners for upcoming events at La Encantada. These are the same signs I saw several months ago that carried the "Code of Conduct - no weapons" notice.

AFA keeping a gun in the car - I never keep a gun in the car - I carry it on me.

Please pass on to the property manager that at least one pro second amendment Tucson citizen won't be shopping at La Encantada. Might mention my choice of Best Buy for two $$$$$$ computer purchases within past three years, because of BB acceptance of OC.

Since the company that purchased the company that owns La Encantada is based in California, I'm afraid your complaint won't do anything--Californians are like that--but I will mention it

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
What you do is send copies of your sales invoices (from other stores) to the stores at the mall, say that you would have considered buying from them, but the sign at the mall entrance kept you from coming to their store.

The mall doesn't care what you say -- they don't get your money directly, and there are 10,000 others willing to risk their lives by going in without means of defense. However, they DO pay attention to complaints from the people who run the stores.

Wastelander

What you do is send copies of your sales invoices (from other stores) to the stores at the mall, say that you would have considered buying from them, but the sign at the mall entrance kept you from coming to their store.

The mall doesn't care what you say -- they don't get your money directly, and there are 10,000 others willing to risk their lives by going in without means of defense. However, they DO pay attention to complaints from the people who run the stores.

I work for the company that owns that mall, and others, and doing that would be really bad for my job stability. I will stick with not shopping there and not bother rubbing it in. As I said, our headquarters is in California, and I know the people who make the decisions--this policy is most likely not going to change unless there is a major management change.

Sonora Rebel

If you carry concealed (really concealed)... who's the wiser/ All they can do is trespass you. Doubtful you'll get murdered for it like that guy in Nevada at COSTCO.