• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pearl Bass Pro Shop

DCKilla

My family and I walked into BPS to check out the fish and buy a backpack for my wife. It seemed simple. As soon as I passed the "gate guard guy" he stops me.
GGG: Are you in law enforcement?
Me: no.
GGG: You needed to install a trigger lock.
Me: Is this corprate policy.
GGG: It is our policy.
Me: I would like to speak to the manager.

While waiting for the "manager" I turned on my voice recorder.

Manager: Do you have a firearms permit?
Me: Of course
Manager: May I see it?
Me: No, you're not law enforcement. (How dare you say "no" to the "manager" of BPS)
Manager: We can't have people wondering around the store with a firearm on their side.
Me: I've been here three or four times without a lock on my gun.
Manager: No one has ever asked you to install a lock.
Me: No
Manager: Ok, do you have anymore questions? (like I was questioning him)
Me: No, I'm fine.

The audio is much better. As soon as I figure how to post it.

robbyw

My family and I walked into BPS to check out the fish and buy a backpack for my wife. It seemed simple. As soon as I passed the "gate guard guy" he stops me.
GGG: Are you in law enforcement?
Me: no.
GGG: You needed to install a trigger lock.
Me: Is this corprate policy.
GGG: It is our policy.
Me: I would like to speak to the manager.

While waiting for the "manager" I turned on my voice recorder.

Manager: Do you have a firearms permit?
Me: Of course
Manager: May I see it?
Me: No, you're not law enforcement. (How dare you say "no" to the "manager" of BPS)
Manager: We can't have people wondering around the store with a firearm on their side.
Me: I've been here three or four times without a lock on my gun.
Manager: No one has ever asked you to install a lock.
Me: No
Manager: Ok, do you have anymore questions? (like I was questioning him)
Me: No, I'm fine.

The audio is much better. As soon as I figure how to post it.

Did you leave the store or was you allowed to go in with your wepon and shop?

Brimstone Baritone

Hah! I 'snuck' past our gatekeeper woman because I got sick of waiting for her to quit running her mouth and notice that I was standing there, much less that I was OC. I was hoping a manager approached me so I could complain about her... But I was allowed to shop with no harassment. Even bought some ammo, and the guy at the ammo counter couldn't have cared less.