• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested in pizza parlor??? (kiro 7)

fire suppressor

Just sat down at work just in time to catch kiro 7 mention that a man was arrested today in a pizza parlor while OC in Vancouver Washington. Then they re played the Starbucks story from yesterday. Anyone know what happened? Only thing I could think of would be trespassing

fire suppressor

Sounds like it could be the same incident not 100%. The news story I saw was maybe a minute long and they gave very little information other than a arrest was made. Mainly they used it as a sageway into yesterday's Starbucks story

antispam540

Sad to see that Gun Owners will eat their own. FUDD's.

Still, if the person on trial really did break the law, I would expect a gun-owning jury to convict - the same way I would expect police to handle coworkers who break the law.

Of course, in this case it's pretty clear that he didn't break the law, so the jury's just crazy.

Son_of_Perdition

So, if I understand correctly. A police officer didn't like the fact that you were abiding by the law. So he detained you and attempted to use his authority to coerce you into stop doing something that was completely legal due to his own prejudices' and when that failed to manifest an outcome that pleased him he himself excited fear into others (the pizza people) so as to use that manufactured situation to illegally attack you with a ticket thus forever striping you of your rights.

Also, this creates quite the conundrum for you. SNIP..."If his conviction stands, Watson will lose his right to carry a concealed weapon, DeFrance said."
Does this not require you to open carry for the rest of your life and by that put you into the same situation that you supposedly created by not concealing in the first place? WTF. All police need to do is run around acting all alarmed and survey people until they find someone that could be alarmed when they ask them all wide eyed. "THAT MAN HAS A GUN! DOES THAT ALLARM YOU?" If they can fish out a yes. It is jail for the law abiding gun owner.

Nice.