• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governors race?

autosurgeon

I will vote 3rd party libertarian in local elections, but for the gov race i'm smart enough to know that if i do that i will be letting others decide my 2A rights. Bernero is not supportive of 2A, so not voting for Snyder will only increase Bernero's chances of winning, and there is no way i'm willing to do that. Snyder may not be a 2A champion, but he has stated he is in favor of carry and ownership, thats more than Bernero can say.

We(2A supporters) didn't come together in the primary and that's why we have Snyder, lets not make the same mistake in the general election and end up with bernero.

This man I can agree with!!

TheQ

I will vote 3rd party libertarian in local elections, but for the gov race i'm smart enough to know that if i do that i will be letting others decide my 2A rights. Bernero is not supportive of 2A, so not voting for Snyder will only increase Bernero's chances of winning, and there is no way i'm willing to do that. Snyder may not be a 2A champion, but he has stated he is in favor of carry and ownership, thats more than Bernero can say.

We(2A supporters) didn't come together in the primary and that's why we have Snyder, lets not make the same mistake in the general election and end up with bernero.

It's not that we didn't come together, it's that we all have differing concerns, of which 2A may or may not be primary.

Being a Libertarian, I didn't find that Mike Cox was best for me. For that matter, I couldn't find out anything about Mike Cox on election day as his website was down when I went to look at it after work!!!

Last edited:

Yooper

For Fred Upton's seat in the 6th District for the US Congress look at Mel Valkner. I came across him doing some study yesterday. He has a webpage at the common man dot org I have never met the man, nor never heard him speak but I was impressed by what I read on his page. I know, that's not the whole story.

How Upton beat Hoogendyk is beyond me. Upton voted with the Democrats so often then had the nerve to get on the radio and said we have to stop the big spending by the Democrats. He voted with them. What a hypocrite.

Vote all incumbents out...including your own!

As for SOS and AG, that's a bit tougher because I haven't heard much about any of them. Anyone have any good place to find info and where they stand with 2A?

Fortunately, all my reps are term limited, and Stupak (U.S. house) isn't running again, so I can't vote for an incumbent, even if I wanted to