• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you financially support the establishment of a Washington State group?

Would you financially support the establishment of a Washington State group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Folks,

Olypendrew is making a trip to the state archives. Please coordinate with him. I'd like there to be a second set of eyes to get things that he might miss.

-Gray

devildoc5

the truth finally comes out.

You know myself and a few other members had been wondering why GoGo was pushing this issue so much about NEEDING a group and how it didn't matter what the group would do as long as we all agreed to financially support one and help to start one. Now it all comes to the forefront.

Have I compared what I would need to be paid to take on a challenge like we have debated, yes. That is a comparison for what and how much it would take to drive an orginization forward. It is not 'my salary'. Your earlier figure is drastically wrong, which tells me that you are poorly informed.

Now I know there are those of us that know how to read through the political double speak and circular arguments. Remember GoGo SPECIFICALLY said himself numerous times on this thread that he didn't know what the purpose of the group would be and that that could be decided on at a later time.

If he doesn't know what the group is going to accomplish how on God's green earth can he begin to talk about what he "needs to be paid" and "what it would take to move this organization forward"? He doesn't even know where the group is going but feels confident enough to talk about "paid" and "what it would take to move forward"????

Am I the only one who can see through this double talk and posturing?

devildoc5

I NEVER ONCE attacked you! I am only taking YOUR words and putting them into a coherent and recognizable finished product.

Don't be upset with me because your words are coming back to beat you.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I NEVER ONCE attacked you! I am only taking YOUR words and putting them into a coherent and recognizable finished product.

Don't be upset with me because your words are coming back to beat you.

Then read the whole quote and not how you want it to be. Certainly you have attacked and called me names that are unwarranted.

devildoc5

ok look I don't know how I can be any more clear on this. I NEVER called you a name, I never attacked you, I never FORCED any sort of hatred or derogatory remarks on to you. I did however state the truth about the way you act and the things you say and write. I also did make an OBSERVATION about your attitude and personality.

You DO force your views onto others, I am not the only one who agrees with that. You do try and take charge and be pronounced the de facto leader, again I am not the only one who agrees with this. You do try and be people's "fathers" and "lead them from the path of wickedness" You CONSTANTLY are trying to force people to adopt your views.

This is the same thing that I have stated over and over again. No where in there is there anything that is an attack, unless you consider someone pointing out the truth and your own character flaws and inconsistencies to be an "attack." If that is the case you need to get some thicker skin. "sticks and stones" ya' know?

sultan62

Damn people, I just came over from the "Here's some Open Carry for You - POTUS" thread and saw this bickering. Take it to PM! Or better, drop it altogether! No, I haven't read it. No, I have no idea if anyone is right or wrong. And you know what? I don't care, along with probably everybody else.

devildoc5

Damn people, I just came over from the "Here's some Open Carry for You - POTUS" thread and saw this bickering. Take it to PM! Or better, drop it altogether! No, I haven't read it. No, I have no idea if anyone is right or wrong. And you know what? I don't care, along with probably everybody else.

See that is the problem is if you came from that thread you will notice that I TRIED to take it to pm but was specifically told "do not contact me again" then was railroaded to continue this discussion on the open forum. By the same member who has ALWAYS been adamant about taking things to PM. I am sorry if someone wants to be hypocritical and then get upset because they get called out on it there is nothing I can do about it.

sultan62

See that is the problem is if you came from that thread you will notice that I TRIED to take it to pm but was specifically told "do not contact me again" then was railroaded to continue this discussion on the open forum. By the same member who has ALWAYS been adamant about taking things to PM. I am sorry if someone wants to be hypocritical and then get upset because they get called out on it there is nothing I can do about it.

Then why not just drop it? One person trying to make an argument is going to look like an idiot, every time.

sultan62

the problem is that I am trying to protect my fellow OCDO'rs from falling victim to this wolf in sheeps clothing... so to speak.

I'm not gonna go back and figure out if I agree with you about that. If the argument is worth making, fine. Just make sure it is, and remember that non-OCers visit this forum as well.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I think it is unfair to say that about the NRA but you will seldom go wrong by supporting local groups.

Considering I will no longer pay dues to the NRA because of them only caring about getting more money instead of defending the 2A I'll be happy to shift those dues to something more local.

FMCDH

Been gone for a while....ahhhhh.....

I voted yes to this poll based on the very fact that it seemed to me a vague question. However, IF this thing ever does get off the ground, and for whatever reasons I do not like how it is formed or what this organization does/represents I won't join nor fund. To me, this is the very beginning of a consensus to pass or fail this "formal group" or whatever it may or may not become.

I voted yes, but the only further organization I see that we need in Washington is an OC common defense fund run by a few trustworthy and respected volunteers, no paid positions. We need a common pot of money that can go to court cases like Josh's.

A foundation with a few unpaid trustees. I wouldn't support paying anyone a salary.

Let it start there and work its way up if its necessary.

jt59

I voted yes, but the only further organization I see that we need in Washington is an OC common defense fund run by a few trustworthy and respected volunteers, no paid positions. We need a common pot of money that can go to court cases like Josh's.

A foundation with a few unpaid trustees. I wouldn't support paying anyone a salary.

Let it start there and work its way up if its necessary.

Good thoughts, if, the purpose of the (purposed) organization was narrowly focused to this single issue, it may well be accomplished with a few "trusted" and "respected" volunteers.

I would add to that however, that they may have all the energy and passion in the world, but if they don't have specific skills to support their role, then how are specific cases to defend to be decided to be supported or not? (please don't launch to debate this as it is really only a rhetorical comment)...Tom's case sparked outrage by the community of believers, but after we moved through the news cycle for a few days it has lost momentum and the focus of the discussion forum has moved on as well to more interesting and important items like flashlights , what updates to progress have we seen as far as actually dropping papers on a civil rights lawsuit for PCSD?.......Tom set up a paypal for donations....and Andrew is on the case on a "volunteer" basis.....has he been able to get enough "donations" to move this ahead in anything but a "pro-bono" approach?

......at some point here in the near future (I think), there will be a synopsis of all of the issues that have been described as a need.....some of them will be stand alone issues, others will be integrated or may have an impact that will generate a new or different need.

Once all the issues and ideas have been collected out of the comments on the forum, there will be some face to face meetings called so people can come and talk about this stuff face to face....

As the scope of work for Washington gun rights are better articulated from an organizational perspective (the agenda everyone thinks are mission critical for the organization), are fleshed out, prioritized and defined, then committed volunteer resources will have to be identified....

Having worked and volunteered on a lot of boards and committee's over 40 years, my experiences tell me to expect a lot of these issues will need more support and resources to bring to a happy conclusion, than just a lot of energy.

I see the value in having an organization in WA, with common and (sometimes) uncommon goals for gun rights.....Depending on what is ultimately decided on for the scope of the organization and the urgency to get any or all of it done. A subsequent determination of resource needs will include volunteers or cash or management.

Making a "conditional" final decision of support on a single purpose and a volunteer vs. a staffing model vs. some combination, is premature at this point....as this discussion moves off of this board and migrates into real get togethers with people talking to each other, sharing ideas, educating themselves on process, the overall organizational and financial model to make this effort sustainable and surviveable will become (IMHO) self evident....

Heck, I'll start with a donation of $200.00 to the party fund....(founding meeting).

Last edited:

FMCDH

Good thoughts, if, the purpose of the (purposed) organization was narrowly focused to this single issue, it may well be accomplished with a few "trusted" and "respected" volunteers.

I would add to that however, that they may have all the energy and passion in the world, but if they don't have specific skills to support their role, then how are specific cases to defend to be decided to be supported or not? (please don't launch to debate this as it is really only a rhetorical comment)...Tom's case sparked outrage by the community of believers, but after we moved through the news cycle for a few days it has lost momentum and the focus of the discussion forum has moved on as well to more interesting and important items like flashlights , what updates to progress have we seen as far as actually dropping papers on a civil rights lawsuit for PCSD?.......Tom set up a paypal for donations....and Andrew is on the case on a "volunteer" basis.....has he been able to get enough "donations" to move this ahead in anything but a "pro-bono" approach?

......at some point here in the near future (I think), there will be a synopsis of all of the issues that have been described as a need.....some of them will be stand alone issues, others will be integrated or may have an impact that will generate a new or different need.

Once all the issues and ideas have been collected out of the comments on the forum, there will be some face to face meetings called so people can come and talk about this stuff face to face....

As the scope of work for Washington gun rights are better articulated from an organizational perspective (the agenda everyone thinks are mission critical for the organization), are fleshed out, prioritized and defined, then committed volunteer resources will have to be identified....

Having worked and volunteered on a lot of boards and committee's over 40 years, my experiences tell me to expect a lot of these issues will need more support and resources to bring to a happy conclusion, than just a lot of energy.

I see the value in having an organization in WA, with common and (sometimes) uncommon goals for gun rights.....Depending on what is ultimately decided on for the scope of the organization and the urgency to get any or all of it done. A subsequent determination of resource needs will include volunteers or cash or management.

Making a "conditional" final decision of support on a single purpose and a volunteer vs. a staffing model vs. some combination, is premature at this point....as this discussion moves off of this board and migrates into real get togethers with people talking to each other, sharing ideas, educating themselves on process, the overall organizational and financial model to make this effort sustainable and surviveable will become (IMHO) self evident....

Heck, I'll start with a donation of $200.00 to the party fund....(founding meeting).

O, well, if you add all that into it...then the answer would be NO.

I think way to many people are angling to get a paycheck out of this idea, and I will have no part of that. Aside from assisting people defend themselves from crackpot charges in a system designed to fully protect only the rich, and a "not for profit" organization helping them beat the charges and set positive for OC case history, I'm out.

Last edited: