• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wausau Area Meet & Greet

phred

Wausau Area OC Meet & Greet

Where: Culvers near the Cedar Creek Mall, Intersection of Cty XX and Business 51

When: Saturday October 9th at 4:30 to 6:30 PM

If you need more info, PM me.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
It looks like myself, BnH and Brockensprocket will be carpooling to the meet and greet Fred. I'm not sure if Serpent can make it though.

Hey guys, just talked with the owner of this Culver's

He's super-supportive of the right to carry and is looking forward to having you there.

Not knowing how many people were going to show up he was concerned from a business standpoint that he didn't have enough tables to have a bunch tied up for 2 hours during the busy dinner rush.

I told him we didn't know how many people would be coming total, but that we'd be very judicious and if they need the table space for other diners coming in and out we wouldn't tie them up the whole 2 hours.

So just be cognizant of table space especially if there is a large turnout and make sure to keep plenty of room for diners coming and going. The weather is suppose to be nice, and they do have a big outdoor patio area (but only 7 tables , so plenty of room to stand and socialize if the tables are needed by diners)

The owner Charlie is a great guy, he's looking forward to having you. He's not a hunter, but IS an NRA member because he supports the right to carry!

Carry On!

Spartacus

Banned
Hey guys, just talked with the owner of this Culver's
He's super-supportive of the right to carry and is looking forward to having you there.
The owner Charlie is a great guy, he's looking forward to having you. He's not a hunter, but IS an NRA member because he supports the right to carry!

Thanks for the phone call Nik.

Charlie sounds like a great guy and a perfect candidate for WCI membership.

Elysium

Everytime there is an event nearby its way to short notice. Hard to get off from work that way. I am hoping to attend depending on how my work day goes. I usually work till 6 so I hope you guys will be there for a while. I may not be carrying since I may have my work vehicle.

BROKENSPROKET

It looks like myself, BnH and Brockensprocket will be carpooling to the meet and greet Fred. I'm not sure if Serpent can make it though.

You guys go without me. I just got home from work. Of the last 48 hours, I worked 35 of them. I am sleeping all day before I have to go back in Sunday morning.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Phred, thank you for organizing this event and Nik, thank you for contacting Charlie, the owner of the Culver's by Cedar Creek Mall. Unfortunately I just arrived back home from an emergency trip to the vet in Medford with one of my bird dogs. He is still sleeping off the anesthesia and has a big white plastic funnel on his head to keep him away from the drains and sutures. At least he is doing better than the two bear dogs that arrived just before me!

I hope we can have more events in north central Wisconsin in the future. I wish everyone a great evening filled with great conversation and good food. I highly recommend the pumpkin pie milkshake. Unlike other fast food franchises, Culver's makes their shakes with real pumpkin and nutmeg!

phred

Success

We had a great time. Met new people. In the two plus hours, we were "fuzzed" twice. First by the Kronenwetter PD, then 45 minutes later the Rothschild PD (they waved back). Thanks to all who came. Thanks to Culver's and of course thanks to Hubert and Spartacus for making the drive to help make the event a success.

Cobbersmom

Wish I could have been there. Had to go to Antigo and didn't get home till 5. However I did pick up a snack at the Culvers in Rhinelander while thinking of Wausau <g>