• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Claytor Lake - State Park

t33j

What a muddled mess.

Yeah, really. I spend a good amount of time (more than 100 miles worth of hiking / backpacking per year) in State and National Parks and Forests and I'm still not clear on everything. I often have to consult that page to remind myself of the regs.

Last edited:

TFred

The purpose of Section 15.2-915 is to prevent the statewide mish-mash of local gun laws. Anyone with a lick of common sense should be able to see that this same concept is well worth being applied to state-owned land as well.

This really needs to be fixed.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The purpose of Section 15.2-915 is to prevent the statewide mish-mash of local gun laws. Anyone with a lick of common sense should be able to see that this same concept is well worth being applied to state-owned land as well.

This really needs to be fixed.

TFred

Tell it to the governor and your legislators.

Been saying for a while now that Bob McDonnell could fix this with a stroke of his pen, if he wanted to live up to his campaign promises. :(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Been saying for a while now that Bob McDonnell could fix this with a stroke of his pen, if he wanted to live up to his campaign promises. :(

Yep! But what would he tell the anti's?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yep! But what would he tell the anti's?

That he was a man of honor and integrity and not just a fair weather friend - that he represents all of the people.

wylde007

That he was a man of honor and integrity and not just a fair weather friend - that he represents all of the people.
He blew that by playing appeaser to the race-pimps and politically-correct, historically INCORRECT yankee-indoctrinated swine.

His claim to honour is void.

altajava

Shenandoah-Sunday In The South
"A ragged rebel flag flies high above it all
poping in the wind like an angry cannon ball
The holes of history are cold and still,
but they smell the powder burnin' and they probably always will"