Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 164

Thread: OC News story, Kiro7 at 8pm 10/2/10

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    OC News story, Kiro7 at 8pm 10/2/10

    Just received word from M1gunr that the upcoming news story from our OC meetup today at Starbucks will air on Kiro 7 tonight at 8pm.

    Great meet today, guys! One of the shift managers at Starbucks approached devildoc5 and I and thanked us for everyone being really cool and respectful! She wanted a pamphlet, so we gave her one, of course. Apparently the deputy involved with Tom's deal was there this morning causing tension and making the baristas nervous.

    I gotta say, I think our conduct today pretty much annihilated any apprehensions the baristas had. I'm quite impressed by how awesome everyone was!

    You guys are awesome!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington, USA
    Posts
    546
    PLEASE RECORD THIS for those of us who don't watch TV...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Clark County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    81
    What was the Deputy doing?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Apparently the deputy involved with Tom's deal was there this morning causing tension and making the baristas nervous.
    Heheheheheh... I like the phrasing there.

    Although, actually, they probably should be nervous if that Sheriff's Deputy is going to sit there like a spider in it's web, waiting for paying customers to come in so he and his buddies can pounce on 'em unlawfully...

    Looking forward to the Evening News on KIRO 7 this evening to see if they get the story straight this time...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Heheheheheh... I like the phrasing there.

    Although, actually, they probably should be nervous if that Sheriff's Deputy is going to sit there like a spider in it's web, waiting for paying customers to come in so he and his buddies can pounce on 'em unlawfully...

    Looking forward to the Evening News on KIRO 7 this evening to see if they get the story straight this time...

    Tomas, it's not going to be on the evening news. It will air at 8pm on KIRO's Special Edition program.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Honestly I think that king 5 may end up with the better coverage here. They took longer interviews and also spoke with more people than the KIRO crew did. They did seem to ask the harder questions but I believe that they all answered very well. Great job today all of you who came.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    KING TV - 5 just previewed their coverage at the start of the 5 o'clock news - should be on SOON...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  8. #8
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Tomas, it's not going to be on the evening news. It will air at 8pm on KIRO's Special Edition program.
    According to my schedule, that *IS* this evening's news on KIRO due to a gam they are covering - I may be wrong, though...

    KING 5 is covering it this newscast...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  9. #9
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    KING TV - 5 just previewed their coverage at the start of the 5 o'clock news - should be on SOON...
    King 5 reported people were there and legally licensed to carry their guns in the open.....
    Last edited by j2l3; 10-02-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  10. #10
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Quick question: Since no one has apparently seen the original PCS employee in uniform, does anyone even know for certain that he is a deputy, and not a clerk or mechanic?

    If someone "plain clothes" comes up and makes demands I assume we are perfectly within our rights to 'demand' ID of them. *I* don't identify the officer, he has to identify himself to me, right?

    KING 5 coverage was balanced, favoring neither side, but I note that NO PCS SPOKESPERSON appeared in the coverage - their "opinion" was delivered by a professional talking head at KING news...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  11. #11
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post
    King 5 reported people were there and legally licensed to carry their guns in the open.....
    I did chuckle at that. My license for that is actually carried in my wallet, too... My United States Passport Card. (Which is EXACTLY what I would show if challenged.)

    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    I did chuckle at that. My license for that is actually carried in my wallet, too... My United States Passport Card. (Which is EXACTLY what I would show if challenged.)

    I do not have a working TV. Can anyone supply a link or put up KING5 's coverage? Tomas, was any of my interview aired? Thanks!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I do not have a working TV. Can anyone supply a link or put up KING5 's coverage? Tomas, was any of my interview aired? Thanks!



    Ruby, I saw you on KING5 minutes ago. You did greatand they didn't contort anything. Lucky for them they didn't include the "black guys with guns" question. Nice meeting you!!!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    I tried to find the video on KING's website, but didn't find it.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Quick question: Since no one has apparently seen the original PCS employee in uniform, does anyone even know for certain that he is a deputy, and not a clerk or mechanic?

    If someone "plain clothes" comes up and makes demands I assume we are perfectly within our rights to 'demand' ID of them. *I* don't identify the officer, he has to identify himself to me, right?

    KING 5 coverage was balanced, favoring neither side, but I note that NO PCS SPOKESPERSON appeared in the coverage - their "opinion" was delivered by a professional talking head at KING news...
    In the original interaction the officer was wearing a PCS polo and had his badge on his belt. Most people think he is some sort of detective.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  16. #16
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    You did just fine, Ruby! Composed, well spoken, clear statements. We should all hope to do as well.

    Usually takes a while for KING 5 to get the videos up on-line. I'll keep checking.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I tried to find the video on KING's website, but didn't find it.
    Its not there. Maybe they will put it in later.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    In the original interaction the officer was wearing a PCS polo and had his badge on his belt. Most people think he is some sort of detective.
    We should have told the reporters that he was the one that initiated the contact. More than likely he would have said "No comment" making the PD look as though they have something to hide.

  19. #19
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    We should have told the reporters that he was the one that initiated the contact. More than likely he would have said "No comment" making the PD look as though they have something to hide.
    The news crew said that they could not go inside, and he sure wasn't going to come out with the cameras still there.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  20. #20
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Only thing I can find so far on KING 5's site is Tom's recording from the original encounter...

    http://www.king5.com/home/related/Ra...104215743.html

    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  21. #21
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Here's the video

    http://www.king5.com/video?id=104218483&sec=548792
    This should link directly to the video.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    http://www.king5.com/video?id=104218483&sec=548792
    This should link directly to the video.
    Thank you soooooooooo much! I think we all did well. I think it's a shame that they basically said they will continue to hassle us for ID. They just really don't get it, do they? I think it's time for the state AG to weigh in on this issue.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Ruby

    Ruby (Lynn) you were awesome. Thank you.

    Live Free or Die!

  24. #24
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    What a great interview!!!!

  25. #25
    Regular Member rotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    217
    Sounds to me like your sheriff out there has been talking to the chief in Madison Wi.

    Keep up the good work .. looks like everyone handled themselves very well.

    It is a step in the right direction for all of us when just one of our voices is heard.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •