• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC News story, Kiro7 at 8pm 10/2/10

rotty

Sounds to me like your sheriff out there has been talking to the chief in Madison Wi.

Keep up the good work .. looks like everyone handled themselves very well.

It is a step in the right direction for all of us when just one of our voices is heard.

j2l3

I believe the police chief he is referring to in Wisconsin told his officers that regardless of the law, the legallity of open carry and the attorney generals interpretation, they are to put anyone they see with a gun, on the ground and take it from them. At gun point if necessary.

Last edited:

HK_dave

their report sounded a little more biased than KING5's, "marched in" and "gun toting" indeed.

both still didn't get the point...

dadada

Good overall, but they referred to everyone as "gun toting" and the piece was titled "starbucks guns". They replayed Troyers clip from Thursday. Nothing new from him.

Ruby

I believe the police chief he is referring to in Wisconsin told his officers that regardless of the law, the legallity of open carry and the attorney generals interpretation, they are to put anyone they see with a gun, on the ground and take it from them. At gun point if necessary.

How in the h**l does law enforcement get away with ignoring the law and doing what they please?!? I don't understand this mind set. Sounds like these bozos (can't say what I really want to say; no cop bashing, so I'm being polite) are going to cost the taxpayers of Wisconsin a fair amount of money.

devildoc5

How in the h**l does law enforcement get away with ignoring the law and doing what they please?!? I don't understand this mind set. Sounds like these bozos (can't say what I really want to say; no cop bashing, so I'm being polite) are going to cost the taxpayers of Wisconsin a fair amount of money.

essentia the same EXACT thing that Troyer said on King5 he stated "if they carry guns expect to answer a few questions."

Not expect to be ASKED a few questions, but expect to ANSWER a few questions....

BIG friggin difference there...

I honestly hope Tom sues the ever loving hell out of PCSD and I will pay his retainer fee!

Deleted_User

I just hope this doesn't continue. Having that same officer in there SCREAMED for a confrontation. GREAT JOB all keeping your kool and enjoying coffee. Anyone link to this piece yet?

Last edited:

tombrewster421

essentia the same EXACT thing that Troyer said on King5 he stated "if they carry guns expect to answer a few questions."

Not expect to be ASKED a few questions, but expect to ANSWER a few questions....

BIG friggin difference there...

I honestly hope Tom sues the ever loving hell out of PCSD and I will pay his retainer fee!

Honestly I think it most likely will go to lawsuit. If it does I will probably set up a paypal account as a legal defense fund and will post a new thread for that when the time comes.

Ruby

+1000 Go Ruby

Thanks Orphan and Gogo. I was nervous; my gun is a Bobtail Commander, not a "Combat Commander" but only gunners are going to know that. I have never been interviewed by the press prior to today. I know I could have said "No thanks" to the interview and walked away, but I couldn't do that. I went there to give whatever support I could because what they did to Tom was so wrong. My biggest concern was what my customers would think. I got an email from one and all she said was that I looked pretty in pink! I thanked her and told her that sometimes you just have to take a stand when something isn't right. Talk about coming out of the closet, Gogo. I guess I came out in a big way today! :)

Deleted_User

Thanks Orphan and Gogo. I was nervous; my gun is a Bobtail Commander, not a "Combat Commander" but only gunners are going to know that. I have never been interviewed by the press prior to today. I know I could have said "No thanks" to the interview and walked away, but I couldn't do that. I went there to give whatever support I could because what they did to Tom was so wrong. My biggest concern was what my customers would think. I got an email from one and all she said was that I looked pretty in pink! I thanked her and told her that sometimes you just have to take a stand when something isn't right. Talk about coming out of the closet, Gogo. I guess I came out in a big way today! :)

Well done Ruby! +1 from me as well!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Yes you did come out of the closet. I am proud to know you. It takes great courage, but I always think about those 56 men who signed that Delaration. I just want to do right by them.

devildoc5

Ruby I was standing beside you during your interview and must say that I was HONORED to be counted amongst the people that know you! You did a superb job and were very clear about what you wanted to say and how you wanted to say. Very Nice Job!!!

"I understand why they were concerned, but that does not give them the right to violate another citizen's civil rights," said Lynn

Last edited: