• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC News story, Kiro7 at 8pm 10/2/10

.45ACPaddy

Just received word from M1gunr that the upcoming news story from our OC meetup today at Starbucks will air on Kiro 7 tonight at 8pm.

Great meet today, guys! One of the shift managers at Starbucks approached devildoc5 and I and thanked us for everyone being really cool and respectful! She wanted a pamphlet, so we gave her one, of course. :banana: Apparently the deputy involved with Tom's deal was there this morning causing tension and making the baristas nervous.

I gotta say, I think our conduct today pretty much annihilated any apprehensions the baristas had. I'm quite impressed by how awesome everyone was!

You guys are awesome!

Tomas

Apparently the deputy involved with Tom's deal was there this morning causing tension and making the baristas nervous.

Heheheheheh... I like the phrasing there. :)

Although, actually, they probably should be nervous if that Sheriff's Deputy is going to sit there like a spider in it's web, waiting for paying customers to come in so he and his buddies can pounce on 'em unlawfully... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the Evening News on KIRO 7 this evening to see if they get the story straight this time...

Ruby

Heheheheheh... I like the phrasing there. :)

Although, actually, they probably should be nervous if that Sheriff's Deputy is going to sit there like a spider in it's web, waiting for paying customers to come in so he and his buddies can pounce on 'em unlawfully... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the Evening News on KIRO 7 this evening to see if they get the story straight this time...

Tomas, it's not going to be on the evening news. It will air at 8pm on KIRO's Special Edition program.

tombrewster421

Honestly I think that king 5 may end up with the better coverage here. They took longer interviews and also spoke with more people than the KIRO crew did. They did seem to ask the harder questions but I believe that they all answered very well. Great job today all of you who came.

Tomas

Quick question: Since no one has apparently seen the original PCS employee in uniform, does anyone even know for certain that he is a deputy, and not a clerk or mechanic? :lol:

If someone "plain clothes" comes up and makes demands I assume we are perfectly within our rights to 'demand' ID of them. *I* don't identify the officer, he has to identify himself to me, right?

KING 5 coverage was balanced, favoring neither side, but I note that NO PCS SPOKESPERSON appeared in the coverage - their "opinion" was delivered by a professional talking head at KING news...

Tomas

King 5 reported people were there and legally licensed to carry their guns in the open..... :banghead:

I did chuckle at that. My license for that is actually carried in my wallet, too... My United States Passport Card. :D (Which is EXACTLY what I would show if challenged.)

PPC_00.jpg

Ruby

I did chuckle at that. My license for that is actually carried in my wallet, too... My United States Passport Card. :D (Which is EXACTLY what I would show if challenged.)

PPC_00.jpg
I do not have a working TV. Can anyone supply a link or put up KING5 's coverage? Tomas, was any of my interview aired? Thanks!

Lovenox

I do not have a working TV. Can anyone supply a link or put up KING5 's coverage? Tomas, was any of my interview aired? Thanks!

Ruby, I saw you on KING5 minutes ago. You did greatand they didn't contort anything. Lucky for them they didn't include the "black guys with guns" question. Nice meeting you!!!

tombrewster421

Quick question: Since no one has apparently seen the original PCS employee in uniform, does anyone even know for certain that he is a deputy, and not a clerk or mechanic? :lol:

If someone "plain clothes" comes up and makes demands I assume we are perfectly within our rights to 'demand' ID of them. *I* don't identify the officer, he has to identify himself to me, right?

KING 5 coverage was balanced, favoring neither side, but I note that NO PCS SPOKESPERSON appeared in the coverage - their "opinion" was delivered by a professional talking head at KING news...

In the original interaction the officer was wearing a PCS polo and had his badge on his belt. Most people think he is some sort of detective.

Tomas

You did just fine, Ruby! Composed, well spoken, clear statements. We should all hope to do as well. :)

Usually takes a while for KING 5 to get the videos up on-line. I'll keep checking.

Lovenox

In the original interaction the officer was wearing a PCS polo and had his badge on his belt. Most people think he is some sort of detective.

We should have told the reporters that he was the one that initiated the contact. More than likely he would have said "No comment" making the PD look as though they have something to hide.

tombrewster421

We should have told the reporters that he was the one that initiated the contact. More than likely he would have said "No comment" making the PD look as though they have something to hide.

The news crew said that they could not go inside, and he sure wasn't going to come out with the cameras still there.