• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC News story, Kiro7 at 8pm 10/2/10

Tomas

The KIRO 7 coverage was quite a lot more slanted against the gun owners as opposed to the balanced report from KING 5.

How in the h**l does law enforcement get away with ignoring the law and doing what they please?!? I don't understand this mind set.

Very simply: The cost of a lawsuit to the "civilian," and the chance of losing it, are the key that allows them to get away with it. Very, very few will take that big step and go after them.

That plus the fact that the officers themselves seldom get into serious trouble for hassling the peons makes it a really good bet for them. In the extremely rare cases where someone pays it's usually NOT the LEO, but their employer.

Oh! And don't forget that the entire force will back them up...

devildoc5

I dont know wh has gotten into the people on this forum recently but some people have apparently lost heir friggin minds!

There is no way this side of hell that king5 was even CLOSE to balanced....

Ruby

Ruby you did great, and it was very nice to Finally meet you.

Ani, it was a pleasure to meet you and you did great with your first OC experience. You seemed very comfortable and natural. I think Goose said this was your first OC; please correct me if I am wrong. I just have to let you know that I love your avatar; that is one of the cutest cat pictures I have ever seen. Clearly, that cat is in control!

Deleted_User

Ani, it was a pleasure to meet you and you did great with your first OC experience. You seemed very comfortable and natural. I think Goose said this was your first OC; please correct me if I am wrong. I just have to let you know that I love your avatar; that is one of the cutest cat pictures I have ever seen. Clearly, that cat is in control!

Yes, we popped Ani's OC cherry cross-draw with my beretta 92FS! I was proud

amzbrady

+1000 Go Ruby

+10,000 Ruby, Good meeting you, and everyone else. I dont think you have anything to worry about with you customers, in fact I would think they would think better of you for supporting our laws and being so professional on camera. "You're a natural", "you got the right stuff, kid", "Your gonna go place's"....

Great media coverage, but pi$$ poor reporting. All this time I have been walking around open carry unlicensed. Anyone know where I can get an Open Carry license?

Last edited:

devildoc5

Brady: Give me 65$ and I will make sure you get your license for Open Carrying. 100% legal in WA state, amongst a few others that I will disclose when you pay for your license....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deleted_User

Brady: Give me 65$ and I will make sure you get your license for Open Carrying. 100% legal in WA state, amongst a few others that I will disclose when you pay for your license....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lamination sold seperately, batteries not included :)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
The King5 6:30 video was an excellent piece too bad they are not using it on the website.

I'll try to figure out how to download it from the DVR.

amzbrady

Lamination sold seperately, batteries not included :)

If I call and order in the next 15 minutes, will I get a second one "absolutly free" Not including shipping, and as an extra bonus a set of 6 matching muffler bearings. New by Remco....

Originally Posted by RubyThanks Orphan and Gogo. I was nervous; my gun is a Bobtail Commander, not a "Combat Commander" but only gunners are going to know that. I have never been interviewed by the press prior to today. I know I could have said "No thanks" to the interview and walked away, but I couldn't do that. I went there to give whatever support I could because what they did to Tom was so wrong. My biggest concern was what my customers would think. I got an email from one and all she said was that I looked pretty in pink! I thanked her and told her that sometimes you just have to take a stand when something isn't right. Talk about coming out of the closet, Gogo. I guess I came out in a big way today!

Ruby, You did great, they surprised my wife and interviewed her, just as her meds were kicking in that she takes for her neck surgery. Kiro interviewed her, and I think she was too doped up for them to run it, to much editing trying to make her sound normal. I was rolling. She blanked trying to think of the word "rights" I was pointing right, shaking my right hand, and finally said rights and she came back to earth and said it. I wish I had a copy just cause it is funny and I love her. She tried and means well, God bless her heart.

Deleted_User

BUT WAIT, There's more! Call now and we'll double the order. Just pay seperate processing! We're CRAZY, we're GIVING it away!

Last edited:

Aryk45XD

Great turnout everybody!

I hadn't posted because I didn't know if I was going. I made it out and like Ruby, I couldn't turn down the camera. It was my first interview also. The guys abandoned me though. I hope I wasn't too big of a fool. I didn't get to see the coverage, but the online story wasn't too bad. Could have had some tweeks, but it could have been worse. I really enjoyed speaking with all of you that showed up.

Deleted_User

I hadn't posted because I didn't know if I was going. I made it out and like Ruby, I couldn't turn down the camera. It was my first interview also. The guys abandoned me though. I hope I wasn't too big of a fool. I didn't get to see the coverage, but the online story wasn't too bad. Could have had some tweeks, but it could have been worse. I really enjoyed speaking with all of you that showed up.

Nice to meet you also Snappy! Hope to see you in the future.

Bo

Everyone interviewed did splendidly.

I was a bit surprised by the tone of Troyer's statement; he's a good guy, but the remarks struck me as a bit off the wall.

But hopefully, y'all understand that South Sound law enforcement is a bit skittish since the Lakewood and P.C. cop killings. And just another incident up in Mason Co. (even though it was another felon involved) that'll only serve to make your local LEOs even more careful.

It is good that the local media is paying attention to this subject; hopefully, future coverage will be more balanced.