Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HGreen hits a home run A+ OC event.

HGreen hits a home run A+ OC event.

Hey guys just left the much talked about UOC event in manhattan beach. What a great time had by all. I had a very good LEO encounter. NO e-check and asked the officer his thoughts. The officer was very pro OC and liked the fact that we were there educating the masses. I met two or three people who had not OCed on their own. But after this meet up they will solo OC. I will post the audio on my YouTube channel when I get a chance.

Plus I got to meet the man himself from San Diego. You know the lawsuit winner. What a good bunch of guys in the OC world.

Smile Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    Hey guys just left the much talked about UOC event in manhattan beach. What a great time had by all. I had a very good LEO encounter. NO e-check and asked the officer his thoughts. The officer was very pro OC and liked the fact that we were there educating the masses. I met two or three people who had not OCed on their own. But after this meet up they will solo OC. I will post the audio on my YouTube channel when I get a chance.

Plus I got to meet the man himself from San Diego. You know the lawsuit winner. What a good bunch of guys in the OC world.
    That's wonderful news and lookin' forward of your stuffs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Great to hear that everything went well. It's wonderful to hear more and more stories where police are declining to perform 12031(e) checks. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making this event successful.

Wish I could have been there! I look forward to the armchair quarterbacking over on Calguns.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    Great to hear that everything went well. It's wonderful to hear more and more stories where police are declining to perform 12031(e) checks. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making this event successful.
    I am too- though this, as Walter Stanley could attest, is coming at a cost that would keep most people from even trying to UOC in urban areas. I'm sure in the long term 12031 is going down, but until it does, I think the strategy should be frequency and repetition. I believe there will come a threshold point where officers will not want to invest their effort and time in conducting inspections or place themselves or their department at risk.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Awesome turn out, over 20+ OCers.

Pics are up: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...22802434426757

If you have pics, video or audio, please share.

Another big win for constitutional freedoms.

Received several personal compliments from MBPD officers saying how happy they were that we were there and how professional and courteous SBOCers were today.

Huge win for OC!

You guys scared one guy so bad his hair turned orange.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Kudos to Mr. Green on a sucessful event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    wait, so no innocent children were shot ? the fair wasnt ruined by the crazy right wing militias who invaded ?
    From what the fair organization and the police chief had said, I was under the impression that babies and kittens would be heaped in big piles of bloody corpses- and that open carriers would be hauled away in cuffs and have their firearms seized for defying the edict of a private organization.

Imagine that- safety and liberty can occur at the same time. Shocking. Will wonders ever cease?

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

KABC News Coverage

Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post
    Link with transcript:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=7703173

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Great pictures, great news coverage, great interaction with the police. This is some outstanding work.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Very cool. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Cool The MB Fair was a success beyond words!

I personally didn't have any negative feedback throughout the two hours I was there! No sly comments by irl trolls, or Brady brain-cases. I never solicited anyone, yet I handed out over a dozen SBOC business-card-sized fliers. Everyone I talked to about open carry was extremely excited to hear about their 2A rights. The police were extremely helpful and polite too =)

I got to spend the day with my girlfriend, and I did it wearing my sidearm! Nothing beats spending the day with what I love the most: My gf and liberty!

Angry Unbelieable!!!

Angry Unbelievable!!!

Obesity on display? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Wc View Post
    Hey WC,

Wow, are the people at CalGuns bigoted and elitist?

I know that the OC movement is, in large part, a working class grassroots movement, but holly cow, the eletism at Calguns astonishes me.

I have threaded before that the people who have a "strategic plan" for our gun rights, don't have all of the answers. And, that "going along to get along" ends with us losing more rights in the name of bipartisnship.

But I never knew these folks were completetly elitist.

HGreen did a great job, and according to the pictures I saw and the news report I watched, I would have enjoyed the company of those in attendance.

Thanks Hgreen!

markm

Disclaimer: I am 6' tall and 170 lbs; I am not obese, fat, or beer gut endowed. I have no personal axe to grind with the OP in question from CalGuns. Furthermore, I like all people.

More video from the event.

Notice no children freaking out. No e-checks, no harassing cops.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-...22802434426757

My brother and I had only one negitive comment from a passer-by, something about how guns suck. *shrug* I guess he'll call LEO then when he needs help. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Jude View Post
    My brother and I had only one negitive comment from a passer-by, something about how guns suck. *shrug* I guess he'll call LEO then when he needs help. Good luck to him.
    Yep and they will bring their GUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wc View Post
    Yet another reason I don't frequent the cal guns forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
    +1
    So, what your'e saying is that you wouldnt partake in the assistance of California's largest and fastest growing pro-gun community, because the membership and foundation boardmembers do not endorse mass urban open carry events that are designed to attract media attention at a time where gun rights may still be vulnerable to legislative retaliation?

In spite of some of the hostility I have witnessed towards open carry at Calguns.net, I am a member/poster there, and I believe the efforts to secure and restore gunownership is best accomplished as a group effort...Dividing into factions will only slow us down and gives the anti-gunners a beachhead to exploit. Its not going to hurt you to endure a little of the anti-UOC bigotry- the benefits of the knowledge base there certainly outweigh that minority. Consider it practice for when you encounter a loud mouth anti gunner on the street.

www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    So, what your'e saying is that you wouldnt partake in the assistance of California's largest and fastest growing pro-gun community, because the membership and foundation boardmembers do not endorse mass urban open carry events that are designed to attract media attention at a time where gun rights may still be vulnerable to legislative retaliation?

In spite of some of the hostility I have witnessed towards open carry at Calguns.net, I am a member/poster there, and I believe the efforts to secure and restore gunownership is best accomplished as a group effort...Dividing into factions will only slow us down and gives the anti-gunners a beachhead to exploit. Its not going to hurt you to endure a little of the anti-UOC bigotry- the benefits of the knowledge base there certainly outweigh that minority. Consider it practice for when you encounter a loud mouth anti gunner on the street.
    I think you need to reread their posts. Also I do know and commend that the "foundation" does support us and has helped us. However, the "forum" is full of anti-UOC-bigots as you say. I support and donate to Cal Guns Foundation even though they completely ignored me in my PRAR denials surrounding the Jan 3rd San Pedro event. I spoke to their attorneys a couple times and then my calls and emails stopped being answered. It is one thing to decide it’s not worth their time to peruse and say so. It is entirely another to ignore someone.

In order to exploit their knowledge base one has to sort through all of those anti-UOC bigotry to find the useful information. So as a full time father, husband, student, and employee I simply do not have time to deal with their comments that quite frankly mirror anti-gunners.

Most of their (calguns) forum members feel that bringing firearms into the mainstream will end up hurting our 2A rights. I simply don't see how that's possible. Sure there's plenty of insane left-wing extremists, but the interaction we've all had open carrying has been overwhelmingly positive!

I don't know how to discuss these differing views on the calguns forums. Most members just say "I don't approve of open carrying at large events," and others are just plain rude (not naming names).

We're on the same side, but I have to agree with chewy, many forum members sound like anti-gunners.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    ...I support and donate to Cal Guns Foundation even though they completely ignored me in my PRAR denials surrounding the Jan 3rd San Pedro event. I spoke to their attorneys a couple times and then my calls and emails stopped being answered. It is one thing to decide it’s not worth their time to peruse and say so. It is entirely another to ignore someone...
    Why doesn't this surprise me? Sorry to hear you were ignored.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast