• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HGreen hits a home run A+ OC event.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Yet another reason I don't frequent the cal guns forum.

So, what your'e saying is that you wouldnt partake in the assistance of California's largest and fastest growing pro-gun community, because the membership and foundation boardmembers do not endorse mass urban open carry events that are designed to attract media attention at a time where gun rights may still be vulnerable to legislative retaliation?

In spite of some of the hostility I have witnessed towards open carry at Calguns.net, I am a member/poster there, and I believe the efforts to secure and restore gunownership is best accomplished as a group effort...Dividing into factions will only slow us down and gives the anti-gunners a beachhead to exploit. Its not going to hurt you to endure a little of the anti-UOC bigotry- the benefits of the knowledge base there certainly outweigh that minority. Consider it practice for when you encounter a loud mouth anti gunner on the street.

chewy352

So, what your'e saying is that you wouldnt partake in the assistance of California's largest and fastest growing pro-gun community, because the membership and foundation boardmembers do not endorse mass urban open carry events that are designed to attract media attention at a time where gun rights may still be vulnerable to legislative retaliation?

In spite of some of the hostility I have witnessed towards open carry at Calguns.net, I am a member/poster there, and I believe the efforts to secure and restore gunownership is best accomplished as a group effort...Dividing into factions will only slow us down and gives the anti-gunners a beachhead to exploit. Its not going to hurt you to endure a little of the anti-UOC bigotry- the benefits of the knowledge base there certainly outweigh that minority. Consider it practice for when you encounter a loud mouth anti gunner on the street.

I think you need to reread their posts. Also I do know and commend that the "foundation" does support us and has helped us. However, the "forum" is full of anti-UOC-bigots as you say. I support and donate to Cal Guns Foundation even though they completely ignored me in my PRAR denials surrounding the Jan 3rd San Pedro event. I spoke to their attorneys a couple times and then my calls and emails stopped being answered. It is one thing to decide it’s not worth their time to peruse and say so. It is entirely another to ignore someone.

In order to exploit their knowledge base one has to sort through all of those anti-UOC bigotry to find the useful information. So as a full time father, husband, student, and employee I simply do not have time to deal with their comments that quite frankly mirror anti-gunners.

VigilanceOfFreedom

Most of their (calguns) forum members feel that bringing firearms into the mainstream will end up hurting our 2A rights. I simply don't see how that's possible. Sure there's plenty of insane left-wing extremists, but the interaction we've all had open carrying has been overwhelmingly positive!

I don't know how to discuss these differing views on the calguns forums. Most members just say "I don't approve of open carrying at large events," and others are just plain rude (not naming names).

We're on the same side, but I have to agree with chewy, many forum members sound like anti-gunners.

Ca Patriot

Its obvious that Cal Gunners are jealous of open carriers. In reality its the open carriers who are in the trenches and the front lines of gun rights and actually EXERCISING that right.

Its the open carriers who go toe-to-toe with tyranical law enforcers and corrupt district attorneys.

Its the open carriers who arent afraid to battle and risk it all.

Cal Gunners are really just a bunch of internet ninjas and attorneys who have alterior motives.

The truth is open carriers are frontline combat troops and Cal Gunners are kitchen cleaners who never leave the base. After the war is over the cal gunners know they cant go home and tell their kids any war stories and that makes them upset.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
...I support and donate to Cal Guns Foundation even though they completely ignored me in my PRAR denials surrounding the Jan 3rd San Pedro event. I spoke to their attorneys a couple times and then my calls and emails stopped being answered. It is one thing to decide it’s not worth their time to peruse and say so. It is entirely another to ignore someone...

Why doesn't this surprise me? Sorry to hear you were ignored.

JJ

I don't think that is what was implied at all. Some just choose not to frequent the forum because they can live without being ridiculed.
I also think the big events are what is going to help "secure and restore gun ownership" by getting the word out to more people regarding their rights so that they too can help preserve and expand what we have by getting involved and voting for people who believe in our rights.

In spite of some of the hostility I have witnessed towards open carry at Calguns.net, I am a member/poster there, and I believe the efforts to secure and restore gunownership is best accomplished as a group effort...Dividing into factions will only slow us down and gives the anti-gunners a beachhead to exploit.

I agree. I just think posters should express their views without attacking, ridiculing, or coming across with the we're right you're wrong attitude.

Its not going to hurt you to endure a little of the anti-UOC bigotry- the benefits of the knowledge base there certainly outweigh that minority. Consider it practice for when you encounter a loud mouth anti gunner on the street.

I think I can get the information and knowledge I need from OCDO without putting up with the B.S. from CGN.
As far as encountering "a loud mouth anti gunner on the street" , I can just walk away from them just the same as I turn away from CGN.

I don't just go to big events. I carry every day. I have never had anyone say anything negative to me.
I did once overhear a woman tell her kids "lets go kids, that man scares me" while I was looking at the ferry boat at the ferry station in Vallejo with my eight year old son.

However, I have had several strangers approach me, thank me, and shake my hand saying "right on!"
Just today while carrying with two others in Concord at the farmers market I had a man come up and ask if we were LEO's. We said no, and he said great job, shook our hands and moved on.

puppy8agun

Videos

Awesome turn out, over 20+ OCers.

Pics are up: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28641&id=122802434426757

If you have pics, video or audio, please share.

Another big win for constitutional freedoms.

Received several personal compliments from MBPD officers saying how happy they were that we were there and how professional and courteous SBOCers were today.

Huge win for OC!

Hey Harley and SBOC,
Nice to see you all. I wish I could have stayed an extra day but I did end up making my plane thanks to a borrowed lock and a good friend. I love to have an excuse to fly down with your group, it is truly a pleasure. / Gotta love the man Sam too! Next time let me know which airport is closest or easiest for you and I will try to fly in closer next time.

Videos of the event can be found on my youtube channel along with the e-check we had in Irvine prior to coming up from San Diego area where I flew in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bbmeridian?feature=mhum

Had a great time, just wish I had more time. I will catch you soon.

puppy8agun

From what the fair organization and the police chief had said, I was under the impression that babies and kittens would be heaped in big piles of bloody corpses- and that open carriers would be hauled away in cuffs and have their firearms seized for defying the edict of a private organization.

Imagine that- safety and liberty can occur at the same time. Shocking. Will wonders ever cease?

Hence the family orientated event music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AMrzl1ilgM

And the beer garden is behind the fence (I can tell you it was huge compared to the other event parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLo8ehPIEy8