• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Chief Magazine Article

chewy352

I wish all police chiefs were this smart. http://policechiefmagazine.org/maga...n=display_arch&article_id=757&issue_id=122005

Chief's Counsel

Because it is legal in most states to carry a handgun if properly licensed, a report that an individual possesses a handgun, without any additional information suggesting criminal activity, might not create reasonable suspicion that a crime is being or will be committed.

--Moderated Edited--
RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

mjones

Thanks for the article - definately one of the best LEO originated articles I've seen yet!

Wc

No two Chiefs or DA and no two State are alike, regardless the courts' ruled.

Bottom lines: Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, 12, December 2005. Why here in California Forum?

There are dozens of cases from nationwide in between 2006 and today about the tip caller or anonymous tip caller and a courts ruled is that the police still don't have a probable cause regardless the caller's words because there is no criminal activity. This magazine is completes flaw because of flip-flop rules.

We already seem enough of California Chiefs of Police or DA's Association errors before.

And a mentally regarding from Chief of Police Rod Uyeda in Manhattan Beach Police Department's
PRESS RELEASE on 28 September 2010...

... "In the past, these rules included the prohibition of dogs, skateboards, rollerblades and other things that everyone has cooperated with for 37 years". ...

... "The Hometown Fair Board met and decided this year to ban weapons from the Fair". ...

... "The Hometown Fair has been free of firearms and other weapons for 37 years and is arguably one of the safest Fairs in the country".

HUH????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????