• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Use of deadly force question - Martial Arts Training

SilveradoSam

If someone is a martial arts expert would they be considered a lethal weapon? If so would you be able to discharge or even draw if they threatened you?

Yes yes I know that your not going to know this kind of info with a random person but its a hypothetical question.

On another note would I be able to draw my weapon from the holster if someone verbally threatens me? Saying something like "I'm going to **** you up"? I would assume if they say there about to kill me then it would be okay to draw but I'm just checking.

I ask a lot of questions but hey thats a good thing, right?

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Many states consider people trained in mixed martial arts and boxing to be deadly weapons. Does Idaho consider them a deadly weapon? If they consider martial arts experience or military training in hand to hand combat a deadly weapon ...
Citation to law IAW OCDO Rule (5) please.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
RULES said:
(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.