• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"They called 911."

anmut

Who are the THEY? I thought there was only "one."

http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13237872

MADISON (WKOW) -- What would you do if you saw five people walk into a Culver's restaurant wearing guns on their hips? Some diners called 911.

The individuals were all cited for disorderly conduct, a charge Police Chief Noble Wray defended today. But a group that defends gun owners' rights to openly carry guns is fighting back.

"I would feel uncomfortable and I'd probably leave the business," Kristi Wood, a Culver's customer, said when asked what she would do if she saw guns.

But that's not what some customers did on Sept. 18 at this Culver's near East Towne mall. They called the police on the diners - all members of Wisconsin Carry - who entered the restaurant with guns strapped to their hips.

RR_Broccoli

Option 1: "They" refers to the second person in the car. The woman that called was a passenger. She says "pull up" to the driver. This driver is rumored to be a retired LEO. (Listen to the 911 call to gain full context.)

Option 2: There was a second call we haven't heard yet.

I think 1 is more likely. It'll come out in the court case if 2 is what actually happened.

There are several people (Nobel Wray for one) saying there were two phone calls. I think the fact that there were two people in the car from where the call came from has been caught up in a confusion of some sort.

anmut

Option 1: "They" refers to the second person in the car. The woman that called was a passenger. She says "pull up" to the driver. This driver is rumored to be a retired LEO. (Listen to the 911 call to gain full context.)

Option 2: There was a second call we haven't heard yet.

I think 1 is more likely. It'll come out in the court case if 2 is what actually happened.

There are several people (Nobel Wray for one) saying there were two phone calls. I think the fact that there were two people in the car from where the call came from has been caught up in a confusion of some sort.

I'm not sure if the court case can wait to find this out - public opinion is already being decided and if the chief is going to claim "they" in the media then he should back it up with some evidence.