• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pitt County Range Day at Paradise Range

sultan62

The boat's actually in dry dock in a private yard right now, but good information nonetheless.

Had a good day, ate at Down on Main Street for about the hundredth time, it was as good as ever.

I'd like to be able to make that range day, but I probably won't be making that trip. I'm in Clayton through Wednesday, then headed back west of Asheville. I'll be making the round trip again the last weekend in October, and probably won't want to make it again on the 13th, as it's a fairly long trip.

elixin77

If we can get a tentative yay or nay from those who want to come, that would help give us an idea of how many people are coming. We need to know in the next couple weeks, so Dreamer and I can make sure we schedule the range for a few hours, and hopefully get a good discount.

If you do come, keep in mind that there could be some people that have never shot before, and people who don't own a gun in general could be there too. It is completely voluntary if you want to lend someone your gun (and how often), but the more people that let others shoot their gun, the greater the experience will be for everyone involved.

Even if you can't show up until after 12, Dreamer and I will still be there shooting for a bit.

for those on facebook, heres a link to the event:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146562088712150#!/event.php?eid=160324707331160

Last edited:

sultan62

I'll be nay with a very slight chance of changing that.

More of an "I'd like to" than actually seeing it happen.

M

mattwestm

I went to Paradise yesterday and saw two ECU students. I informed them of our group and also about the range day. One guy mentioned that he already knew about our group. I didn't get the names of the two guys, but I invited them to join or facebook group and come out to the range day.

Dreamer

I've been invited to the Young American Libertarians club meeting tomorrow night at ECU to talk about SCCC and the upcoming Range Day. Hopefully I can drum up a LOT of interest there...

It's looking pretty good for this event, folks! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

elixin77

Even if we're only able to get a small handful of newbies to the gun range, it still helps our cause. The more people we educate on the use of guns, the more open they are to what we are trying to do as 2nd amendment activists. The more people we get on our side, the stronger our voice becomes.

Baby steps. Thats all it takes.

euphoricguy69

Definitely Interested

Is the date set in stone yet? I'm sort of a budding gun enthusiast at ECU and would really like to get a chance to shoot again. I've only shot once before.

elixin77

Is the date set in stone yet? I'm sort of a budding gun enthusiast at ECU and would really like to get a chance to shoot again. I've only shot once before.

Yes, this date is set. 9am-12pm, you can stay longer if you wish at no additional cost.

If you can, there is a college libertarian meeting on campus today at 7 in bate 1029. Dreamer will be there, but I will only be able to make an appearance, as I have work. If you wish, you can also sign the S.C.C.C. (students for concealed carry on campus) charter as well, and be a founding member (great resume builder).

I have a facebook event set up, so you can get more info there.

Welcome to OCDO, btw.

elixin77

We don't meat regularly right now, and I don't think we can until we're officially recognized by ECU itself.

Should probably have a lunch sometime soon, so we can all meet up again

M

mattwestm

I'd be up for lunch/dinner sometime next week if you guys are...

elixin77

Lunch would be good to do sometime, i'll get another thread out to get some interest in that.

As for the range day, I need a positive yes or no answer in the next few days, so I can get the logistics taken care of, and hopefully get a lower price. As of right now, there are approximately 5-10 people coming. Unfortunately, Dreamer won't be able to make it because he has a family obligation to go to.

Please respond yay or nae in the next few days, so we can get as accurate a count as possible.

M

mattwestm

Just wanted to say that I had a blast today. We accomplished our mission by getting a first time shooter out. I'll post pics later tonight.

M

mattwestm

Elixin77: did you ever get the pictures from the girlfriend of the new shooter? I'd like to see them. I uploaded my pictures to facebook.

razor_baghdad: How was New Bern? Any problems with OC at Tryon Palace or anywhere else?

Last edited:

razor_baghdad

No problems!

Walked the square and under the bridge, about 3-4 miles through downtown.

No problems whatsoever!

Walked by a popo outside a busy restaurant, got the stank eye but no stop. All respect out to the peacekeepers!! ;)

Attachments

• OC_New_Bern.jpg
    OC_New_Bern.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 67
  • OC_New_Bern_2.jpg
    OC_New_Bern_2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Bearfoot

Welcome to New Bern Razor-Baghdad. From the looks of your picture, I would say you were right across the street from a little Amish resturant called Baker's Square. It is OC friendly. There are several eating places in the immediate vicinity.