• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Slightly off topic. "Lethal force is authorized beyond this point"

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yes...On the fence at the access to the Delta Pier. And at "The Barn"

It's really a rhetorical question.

If anyone has been on the grounds and you slightly leave a walking path to take a shortcut somewhere, a very nice but authoritive Marine will appear from nowhere, with a M16 pointed at you and ask for your credentials and get you to understand that you need to stay on the official paths while on base.

maclean

Spent a lot of time behind signs like that with an M4 and a smile.

Outside of an Air Force base, it wouldn't hold as much weight.

Last edited:

Lante

Years ago I did door to door sales... Found one house out in the country with fence, signs etc. (Every sales person knows the more defense the easier the sale) I ignored the signs, as usual, passed through the woods and encountered a beautiful meadow with the house at the other end. There were these nice white rocks lining the driveway to the house along the meadow.... Then I saw the sign on the first rock....Private firing range. 100 yrds. Winchester 30.30.

It wasn't a No Trespassing Lethal force sign, but it got the message across even better!

TechnoWeenie

While I can't answer for sure, the justifiable homicide statute states that homicide is justifiable to prevent the commission of a felony, in which is being performed in the presence of the slayer. Trespassing in itself, is not a felony, so I wouldn't think lethal force can be used in these circumstances.

Nothing is 'off limits' when it comes to 'National Security'...

devildoc5

It's really a rhetorical question.

If anyone has been on the grounds and you slightly leave a walking path to take a shortcut somewhere, a very nice but authoritive Marine will appear from nowhere, with a M16 pointed at you and ask for your credentials and get you to understand that you need to stay on the official paths while on base.

I lived there when I was "jus a wee lil lass" and we would always play in the woods and later went 4 wheeling on some of the "unofficial trails" and never once saw a Marine on that base even...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Having grown up in a 1/2 witness household I found this very amusing.:lol:

Then I'll toss in my other thought:

After discovering such a place, I'd be tempted to call the local Mormon stake and arrange for daily visits by missionary lads on three successive days. Then call the outreach program directors at a few evangelical churches.

After all that, somebody is just bound to succeed. And, if not, I'd start looking for a few pushy Bhuddists.

:)

Last edited: