• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My daughters idea for a holloween costume...

amzbrady

Sometimes what is a good idea to a kid, can be an awful idea in real life. While at the starbucks thing my daughter noticed a holloween store across the way. We took her over to get a costume and she told me I should get one too. She said I could get a police costume and she could get a criminal costume and we could go together. Besides the fact I stopped dressing up years ago, but I also told her since I carry a loaded firearm, that could land me in jail. I had to explain how impersonating a law enforcement officer is against the law, and that on holloween it is an exeption, it is not something one who carries a firearm should push the envelope on. She decided to be a doctor instead.

Deleted_User

Sometimes what is a good idea to a kid, can be an awful idea in real life. While at the starbucks thing my daughter noticed a holloween store across the way. We took her over to get a costume and she told me I should get one too. She said I could get a police costume and she could get a criminal costume and we could go together. Besides the fact I stopped dressing up years ago, but I also told her since I carry a loaded firearm, that could land me in jail. I had to explain how impersonating a law enforcement officer is against the law, and that on holloween it is an exeption, it is not something one who carries a firearm should push the envelope on. She decided to be a doctor instead.

A good read and lesson there. Thanks for posting this! I let my kids read it as well

amzbrady

I think Holloween is a very important night for everyone to be armed. The Hollowed night is the night alot choose to do wrong, and there are too many kids who are left unattended by uncaring parents. My son at the age of 11 was mad that we still followed him and wouldnt let him out of our site. I just am not big on taking chances with my childrens lives, and yes we do have their candy xrayd also.

Paranoid, maybe,.
safe, always.

Ask anyone who has been a victim of a violent crime, I bet they always thought that "it would never happen to them", but afterwards they are saying "never again".

Whats that "an ounce of prevention..."

Deleted_User

I think Holloween is a very important night for everyone to be armed. The Hollowed night is the night alot choose to do wrong, and there are too many kids who are left unattended by uncaring parents. My son at the age of 11 was mad that we still followed him and wouldnt let him out of our site. I just am not big on taking chances with my childrens lives, and yes we do have their candy xrayd also.

Paranoid, maybe,.
safe, always.

Ask anyone who has been a victim of a violent crime, I bet they always thought that "it would never happen to them", but afterwards they are saying "never again".

Whats that "an ounce of prevention..."

I walked with my kids CC. They are of age now to not want to anymore, but I won't take chances. This night ANYTHING can happen. I don't call it paranoia. I call it a caring parent. +1 to you.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I walked with my kids CC. They are of age now to not want to anymore, but I won't take chances. This night ANYTHING can happen. I don't call it paranoia. I call it a caring parent. +1 to you.

That is what my night vision is for, I can watch them but stay a few hundred feet away.

Deleted_User

That is what my night vision is for, I can watch them but stay a few hundred feet away.

I figured you would come back with ... "I'm not paranoid, I have the gun." It's honestly what I first thought if seeing the post :) Wait, NVGs?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I figured you would come back with ... "I'm not paranoid, I have the gun." It's honestly what I first thought if seeing the post :) Wait, NVGs?

Rember the show 'Inspector Gadget'?

That is what my family calls me......

inspector_gadget.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP She said I could get a police costume and she could get a criminal costume and we could go together.

Oh, does this open the door to opportunities. :)

Y'all are worrying over being too literal. Do what Chuck Jones'es animators did for Bugs Bunny. Exaggerate!

For example, dad dresses up in a cop-ish costume, but with a badge eight sizes too big, and a giant toy gun on the wrong side. (Carry the real one concealed.)

Mom With Candy Bowl: "My what do we have here?"
Dad: "Just the local corrupt cop helping brother criminals collect tribute."

Etc., etc.

:D

Last edited:

amlevin

You'd be OK if you dressed like this:

pc_232-250.jpg

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
RCW 9A.60.045
Criminal impersonation in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of criminal impersonation in the second degree if the person:
(a)(i) Claims to be a law enforcement officer or creates an impression that he or she is a law enforcement officer; and
(ii) Under circumstances not amounting to criminal impersonation in the first degree, does an act with intent to convey the impression that he or she is acting in an official capacity and a reasonable person would believe the person is a law enforcement officer; or
(b) Falsely assumes the identity of a veteran or active duty member of the armed forces of the United States with intent to defraud for the purpose of personal gain or to facilitate any unlawful activity.
(2) Criminal impersonation in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor.

[2004 c 124 § 1; 2004 c 11 § 2; 2003 c 53 § 79.]

I would carry concealed if you do play dress up on Halloween though.

You said you didn't play dress up, that isn't what your wife said on Thursdays Nights :eek:

amzbrady

RCW 9A.60.045
Criminal impersonation in the second degree.

Snip.

You said you didn't play dress up, that isn't what your wife said on Thursdays Nights :eek:

I cant believe she told you about our thursday night dress up...Actually thats not entirely true...Its more like...
I undress up like John Holmes, and she undresses up like Marilyn Chambers.
Fun fun. :monkey​

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

But how many of you sit outside next to the bowl full of candy for the kiddies cleaning your double-barrel shotgun?

I don't know why I have as much candy the morning after as I started out with the night before.

But the amount of vandalism in the neighborhood has declined to zero.

stay safe.