• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FireStation

XDSTEEL

Ok I have not found anything in SD law prohibiting me from OCing in a Firehouse. I plan on Ocing at the vermillion Firehouse because they are having an open house deal this wendsday so any clarification would be great.

hogeaterf6

Ok I have not found anything in SD law prohibiting me from OCing in a Firehouse. I plan on Ocing at the vermillion Firehouse because they are having an open house deal this wendsday so any clarification would be great.

Is this a city ran dept or vol FD? If its City you maybe able to call the PD since it maybe concidered a Gov building. Not sure about Vol FD. Either way I'm sure there will be PD there. As friendly as SD is, you may not have a problem.

XDSTEEL

Went to the Firemans open house. It was pretty cool. They had the ambulances and fire trucks outside so I did not even enter the building. A kid with her mom asked if I was a cop. Said no and filled the mom in on open carry in South Dakota. She seemed interested then we started talking about the frietrucks. overall great experience.