Thread: Reason to carry a gun!!

Reason to carry a gun!!

Last edited by mparramore; 10-04-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    This is my safety

When that POS crossed in front of or behind and it was ME in that car, that POS would be DRT!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Damn! Like one commenter wrote, if they would have brought that here, they'd be drawing a white chalkline.

Was that in California? I heard him say something, I thought, about cali. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. If it was in cali, that's a great reason they need to let their people be better armed and prepared.

Last edited by mik253; 10-23-2016 at 12:54 AM.

I am surprised the driver didn't make an attempt to run him over...

Quote Originally Posted by irish52084 View Post
    Was that in California? I heard him say something, I thought, about cali. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. If it was in cali, that's a great reason they need to let their people be better armed and prepared.
    This was in Las Vegas on the NW corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Sahara.

Used to live 4years oer on Nellis Up from Samstown.I know that area well.

What worthless human trash yet these are the folks some say we need to give more oportunity and your tax dollar instead of disposing of them.
    Last edited by DEROS72; 10-04-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Used to live 4years oer on Nellis Up from Samstown.I know that area well.

What worthless human trash yet these are the folks some say we need to give more oportunity and your tax dollar instead of disposing of them.
    + ∞ !!!!
    Last edited by devildoc5; 10-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Yeah, well. I suppose ten years in Vegas could do that to anyone.

There is a *long* thread on this video on the Snopes forum.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=12540

Two pointers:

#1 It's from the Bum Fights series of videos.

#2 Las Vegas Metro PD stated that they investigated and it was entirely staged for the camera.

If you watch it closely, the intro has been professionally edited, with a soundtrack added. Also, the crowbar is obviously planted just where he needed it.
    Last edited by boatswain; 10-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Not trying to argue the validity or the truthfulness of the incident being staged...

However the "email" from LVMPD states "this incident was staged 8-10 yrs ago"

Now we all know police departments can get their info wrong every once and a while...

But they dont know when it was staged? But they conducted a full investigation? (then again this is the town in the middle of a desert that had an extremely deadly driveby shooting in the middle of the strip in 1998 and still no suspects...)

Even better point is this. The video has been circulating since AT LEAST 16 July 2007 which is when it was posted about for the first time on Snopes.com.

the PT cruiser (knid of car attacked in the video) was not introduced until the 2000 model year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_PT_Cruiser

So lets see here... July 2007 subtract the 8 carry the 10 divide by 2 and multiply by 72 = The absolute EARLIEST this video could have been made would have been in July of 1999 (due to model year releases and everything).

Also the LVMPD email states between 8 and 10 years. It could literally have been ONLY 8 years at the absolute most.

Now whether this is a hoax or a fraud or whatever is irrelevant at thsi point. Honestly, it really is. If someone was to do that to your car handle it with a 9mm or bigger (or 6!).

Even if THIS particular incident did not occur EXACTLY as filmed, that does not mean that a bunch of similar ones have not occurred....
    Last edited by devildoc5; 10-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

I'll bite...

Fake, real, whatever....

If you found yourself in a REAL situation like this (crazypsychobum attacking your car), how would you be LEGALLY justified in responding? If you were to back over the guy or get out & shoot him (doesn't look like drawing would stop him), what would the courts say? In the video we see him doing thousands of dollars in damage, but is a life threatened?

(LEGALLY speaking here. Ethically, IMHO you're 100% within your rights to back his ass into the car behind you thereby crushing his legs, then get out & put a couple right between his eyes as he writhes in pain, thereby saving tax dollars.)
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Fake, real, whatever....

If you found yourself in a REAL situation like this (crazypsychobum attacking your car), how would you be LEGALLY justified in responding? If you were to back over the guy or get out & shoot him (doesn't look like drawing would stop him), what would the courts say? In the video we see him doing thousands of dollars in damage, but is a life threatened?

(LEGALLY speaking here. Ethically, IMHO you're 100% within your rights to back his ass into the car behind you thereby crushing his legs, then get out & put a couple right between his eyes as he writhes in pain, thereby saving tax dollars.)
    After he busted up the passenger side of the car and then went ahead and was going around the front of the car to the driver's side window, I would absolutely be in fear of my life.

Probably fifty percent of the time I'd be taking my 85 year old mother somewhere and she would be on the passenger side. As soon as he approached the car on the passenger side and started taking swings at it I would be fearful for her safety. Being trapped in traffic, and knowing she COULD NOT retreat, I would have to draw on him demand he drop the weapon (crowbar?). If he dropped it, or took off away from me and my firearm, end of event. If he did not drop it and advanced toward either of us or took another swing, it's my turn...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Probably fifty percent of the time I'd be taking my 85 year old mother somewhere and she would be on the passenger side. As soon as he approached the car on the passenger side and started taking swings at it I would be fearful for her safety. Being trapped in traffic, and knowing she COULD NOT retreat, I would have to draw on him demand he drop the weapon (crowbar?). If he dropped it, or took off away from me and my firearm, end of event. If he did not drop it and advanced toward either of us or took another swing, it's my turn...
    Agreed. Once windows on either side become the target of his weapon, he has effectively become a target of mine. There is no way to know what he plans on doing after that window is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    If you watch it closely, the intro has been professionally edited, with a soundtrack added. Also, the crowbar is obviously planted just where he needed it.
    I don't know for sure, but I can easily believe that it's staged. However, the crowbar placement is irrelevant. If that was "my" corner I'd have all kinds of goodies laying around that I wouldn't be caught with but I could pick up at any moment.