Thread: Open carry

Banned

Open carry

Hey does anyone know if it is legal to carry a rifle on yr back in wisconsin?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    Forum Rules
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 10-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying? Not trying to push my luck, just only have that style holster for my gun.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    How else would you hunt?

Yes its legal
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dpcenter65 View Post
    Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying? Not trying to push my luck, just only have that style holster for my gun.
    As long as the grip is exposed you should be fine with that. Its obvious that you are not attempting to conceal the gun.

McX
    but bear in mind; some animals in the woods may be uneasy or upset by the sight of your firearm.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    but bear in mind; some animals in the woods may be uneasy or upset by the sight of your firearm.

McX
    looks like that dancing chimpy lookin dude isn't afraid.....stay still ya little so and so, so i can get a bead on you.

Yes it is. Practice this when you are going to and from your tree stand!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dpcenter65 View Post
    Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying?
    I carried a concealed gun for about 10 years in SC before I moved here. While I carried in a 'holster', it was a Concealco IWB.

The legal requirement there is, "... hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing..."