• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hey does anyone know if it is legal to carry a rifle on yr back in wisconsin? :banana:

Forum Rules
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Last edited:

dpcenter65

Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying? Not trying to push my luck, just only have that style holster for my gun.

Spartacus

Banned
Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying? Not trying to push my luck, just only have that style holster for my gun.

As long as the grip is exposed you should be fine with that. Its obvious that you are not attempting to conceal the gun.

M

McX

but bear in mind; some animals in the woods may be uneasy or upset by the sight of your firearm.

M

McX

looks like that dancing chimpy lookin dude isn't afraid.....stay still ya little so and so, so i can get a bead on you.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Can I carry a handgun in an inside-the-waistband holster leaving the grip and back 1/3 of the slide exposed and still be considered open carrying?
I carried a concealed gun for about 10 years in SC before I moved here. While I carried in a 'holster', it was a Concealco IWB.

The legal requirement there is, "... hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing..."