• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orlando Tea Party Pre-election Rally - Florida Open Carry Speech, Oct 23rd

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Orlando Tea Party said:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Phil Russo, Organizer

TEA PARTY GROUPS TO HOLD PRE-ELECTION RALLY
Call to Action for Activists State-wide​

ORLANDO -- This morning, Tea Party groups from across the state have announced a pre-election rally at Orlando City Hall to be held on Saturday, October 23, 2010 from noon till 2:00 p.m. At the rally phone call lists from different State House and State Senate districts will be made available so activists can spread the word to voters that the Florida TEA Party (political party) is not associated with the grassroots movement. Phone lists from every State House and State Senate district in which a TEA candidate is running will be made available. Also available will be voter guides explaining the Constitutional Amendments that will be on November's ballot. The voter guides will also elucidate which Supreme Court Justices voted against Amendment 9 and, therefore, should not be retained. The rally will be hosted by radio personality Bamboo Bob.

The rally will also include a "Freedom Forum" that will give attendees a chance to tell their State Representative what kind of legislation they want to see the legislature focus on next session. Members of the State House, including our next Speaker of the House, Dean Cannon (R-35) and future Speaker Chris Dorworth (R-34) will be invited to listen to the legislative desires of members of the Tea Party movement.

"This rally will be different from any other tea party, in that when people leave the event they will be given phone lists so they can make calls and educate the public about the difference between the TEA political party and the grassroots Tea Party movement," said Everett Wilkinson, one of the event organizers. "This is going to be an action-orientated rally. Not only will activists be able to make phone calls, they will have information explaining the Constitutional Amendments so they can educate their friends and neighbors. The Freedom Forum will also be a unique chance to talk to members of the State Legislature and let them know what we expect out of them next session"

WHO: Orlando Tea Party, South Florida Tea Party, and Tea Party groups from around the state.

WHAT: Call to Action Rally

WHEN: Saturday, October 23, 2010 from Noon till 2:00 p.m.

WHERE: Orlando City Hall

The Orlando Tea Party is a non-partisan grassroots movement made up of people from every political party and all walks of life believing in the principles of fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets.For more information, contact Phil Russo at 615-419-6016 or visit http://www.orlandoteaparty.com

Orlando Tea Party

#################

I've been asked by the organizers to speak on Open Carry and Constitutional Carry initiatives in the state. Please come out!

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Well, as I walked to the microphone the MC told me my time had been cut to two minutes. I did what I could with the time but it sure messed up my 6 min speech.

I'm going to have to start carrying a backup speech next to my backup gun.

Thanks to everyone who came out!