• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Qustion on A.G. opinion #7101

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
It's being appealed. And will most likely win there. It was a bogus charge and a misinformed judge. Always remember in courts there is no justice, just decisions.

Thank goodness. I hadn't heard anything lately and feared the worst. The judge totally misapplied the law to this gentleman's case and I hope it is something that can be taken care of quickly.

jasonman17

He is one of the very few people I've met who I can honestly say knows more about the ins and outs of Michigan gun law than I do. I suggest to anyone in SE Michigan that he be the first lawyer to turn to in case of legal trouble with gun related issues.

I live in central michigan, any ideas in my area?

Haman J.T.

I don't mean to scare you, Jasonman17, it seems like every time I think this, I read about somebody being arrested. Anyone know whatever happened to that OCer at MSU... the one where the judge said to be exempt from the 750.234d prohibitions you needed to carry concealed?
I believe Steve Dulan is handling that case.He mentioned the particulars to me but I,ve forgoten them.

Haman J.T.

AG opinion 7113 also covers this area and mentions MCL 750.234d & 237a.OCers with CPL's are exempt just as peace officers are in both case's,leading me to understand that an OCer with a CPL can go anywhere a peace officer can,except that private property rules and federal property permission rules. Ford field and other venues have LEO's who have been given permission and I believe federal property permits LEO's also.If we had permission to carry at Ford field or any venue,we would.
Thats how I read it!

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

It's being appealed. And will most likely win there. It was a bogus charge and a misinformed judge. Always remember in courts there is no justice, just decisions.
In my experience,whether lawyer or any others,they only know what they know! We are the educators!I believe our stickies have lists of pro-gun lawyers!