• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW valid in all counties?

Gundude

My local gun store owner has a CCW issued by Sheriff Gore. It says on the permit that it is valid anywhere in the state. Can this be? I thought they were only valid in the county where they were issued.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
CCW licenses are generally issued for carry in every county in the state. I believe if you are applying for a CCW in the county you work in but do not reside in, that the license will only be for that particular county.

From 12050(a)(2)(A)(ii):
If the licensee's place of employment or business was the
basis for issuance of the license pursuant to subparagraph (A) of
paragraph (1), the license is valid for any period of time not to
exceed 90 days from the date of the license. The license shall be
valid only in the county in which the license was originally issued.

mjones

Essentially there are four permutations of 12050 licenses:

resident concealed = valid statewide, 2 year term
non-resident concealed = valid in county of issue, 90 day term
resident exposed = valid in county of issue (was statewide until 2010), 2 year term
non-resident exposed = valid in county of issue, 90 day term