• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October WAC Gunshow

SpyderTattoo

Is there a plan to have the OC table at the gunshow on October 23-24? This is going to be the biggest gunshow of the year for WAC. Better call Robert Johnson now if nothing is set up yet.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
October is the largest show of the year. There has been a waiting list for sometime now, I just called and we are still on the waiting list. I will know in the next few days if we got one.

Trigger Dr

M1GUNR
I posted earlier, but obviously it did not get through. I and Mike have a table secured, and you were listed as being next to us. I do not know if that meant you HAD the table or were just listed next to us if you got it. If you do not get the table, I think we might be able to fit you in a bit. But keep trying.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Or cpl

What states will honor an OR CPL? I'm sure it's been posted somewhere here, but I can't find it. Thanks the Maryland "training" took less than 30 minutes.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Oregon - MT, ID, UT, AZ, SD, NE, OK, MI, MO, IN, KY, TN, VT

Utah - WA, MT, ID, WY, UT, CO, AZ, SD, ND, SD, NE, MN, MO, OK, TX, AR, LA, MI, IN, KY, TN, OH, WV, MS, AL, GA, FL, WV, VA, NC, PA, VT, NH, DE

Washington - MT, ID, UT, AZ, SD, AK, OK, TX, MO, MS, LA, MI, IN, OH, KY, TN, FL, VA, VT, NC

ONLY HONORS RESIDENT PERMITS - FL, MI, CO, NH, SC, ME

Last edited:

onlurker

be sure to visit the website http://www.mdgunsafety.com/ to complete the online safety course. Print it out and bring it with you. The online course meets Sheriff Palmer's training requirement.

Well that was painless (just finished the online course). Now I have a reason to go to Puyallup now.

Question, and I hope I don't derail the thread too awfully bad. Does anyone know if this safety course qualifies for a Utah permit?

Last edited:

HK_dave

knight_308 said:
I just heard on this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-residend-CPL-along-I-5&p=1371929#post1371929

The good Sheriff Palmer is supposed to be up here again. I'll be going to get my OR CPL.

maybe not: http://seattleguns.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10554&start=10#p118244

I will be in Vancouver this weekend for CHL's....I am not sure if we are coming to Puyallup or not..kind of short notice.....I need to schedule a couple trips to California as well. It seems as if the majority of the donations came from these two states....We are planning a trip to Ca. around thanksgiving and trying to be around our son for Thanksgiving as he is in the military.....

Please keep in touch with me on this....

Sheriff Palmer

Lucky_Dog

Sheriff Palmer in Vancouver area 9 Oct

Sheriff Palmer will be at the Hazel Dell Round Table Pizza, this Saturday 9 Oct between 1:30 & 3:30 PM.

Round Table Pizza: Hazel Dell
616 NE 81st St # A, Vancouver, WA (360) 574-1666

If you have been considering an Oregon CHL, please show up and help make it worth his trip.

Ruby

Well that was painless (just finished the online course). Now I have a reason to go to Puyallup now.

Question, and I hope I don't derail the thread too awfully bad. Does anyone know if this safety course qualifies for a Utah permit?

I know that Champion Arms in Kent offers the class for the Utah permit from time to time. Check with them for the next one.

amzbrady

I just went to Sam's Gun shop in Everett today and had the guy at the range make me a copy of the classes. OR and UT CC lic classes. I will try to dig out my scanner and post a copy. till then 425-348-3006 presented and taught by BeaverCreek Armory, LLC.

Class Date Oct 17th 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Fees for Classes: Utah and Oregon $160.00 * Picture and Fingers add $25.00
Utah only $115.00 * Picture and fingers add $25.00
Oregon only $ 55.00

I just may have to go to this WAC'd show. I am looking for a cheap Ruger 10/22 for my wife to shoot. Do you typically see better prices at the big shows due to competition, or higher prices due to the amount of people that go? I just dont know about spending $55 for the WAC'd membership to spend $125 on a gun.

I am selling my Marlin 10/22 has about 50 rounds through it, for anyone interested.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

huh

i just took utah at cabelas for 70 plus 65 to the state for the CPL..
pay no money for oregon,,,, just take the on line training from
maryland firearm safety course, on line for free,
accepted by the grant county sheriff .
still trying to see if he will come to puallup on the 28th,
or go to see him in vancouver on the 9th.

Squeak

Sheriff Palmer will be at the Hazel Dell Round Table Pizza, this Saturday 9 Oct between 1:30 & 3:30 PM.

Round Table Pizza: Hazel Dell
616 NE 81st St # A, Vancouver, WA (360) 574-1666

If you have been considering an Oregon CHL, please show up and help make it worth his trip.
How long does the process take? Just show papers and fingerprints taken?