• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October WAC Gunshow

Lucky_Dog

I believe it's fill out the app, he takes your pic and prints and you be done. Permit is in the mail.
He is hoping to help about 25-35 people in the 2 hours he'll be there.

I also believe he will not be in Puyallup this month.

Lucky_Dog

Yes, picture and fingerprints, fill out the application. Pay $65 ($50 to Sheriff and $15 in a check to the Oregon State Police)

From Sheriff Palmer's email:
The payment can only be cash, check or money order....I do not have the ability to take credit/debit cards.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I just went to Sam's Gun shop in Everett today and had the guy at the range make me a copy of the classes. OR and UT CC lic classes. I will try to dig out my scanner and post a copy. till then 425-348-3006 presented and taught by BeaverCreek Armory, LLC.

Class Date Oct 17th 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Fees for Classes: Utah and Oregon $160.00 * Picture and Fingers add $25.00
Utah only $115.00 * Picture and fingers add $25.00
Oregon only $ 55.00

Those are some really spendy classes and then they charge extra for pics and prints...??
Cabela classes were $70 for Utah / $30 for Oregon and inc pics and prints.

Lucky_Dog

I just got back from Vancouver,

I just wanted to let you all know that Sheriff Palmer has a new electronic fingerprinting system. He says that the way the new system works, he can take payment in any form. He does not however have ability to take credit or debit cards. He was able to take my cash payment and another person was able to write a single check for both herself and her husbands CHL. Separate payments for the state police is no longer required.

I will now quit polluting this thread.

jbone

I just may have to go to this WAC'd show. I am looking for a cheap Ruger 10/22 for my wife to shoot. Do you typically see better prices at the big shows due to competition, or higher prices due to the amount of people that go? I just dont know about spending $55 for the WAC'd membership to spend $125 on a gun. QUOTE]

Same here, I’ll be hitting the next show looking for private seller on a 10/22 or Marlin 60.

amzbrady

I just may have to go to this WAC'd show. I am looking for a cheap Ruger 10/22 for my wife to shoot. Do you typically see better prices at the big shows due to competition, or higher prices due to the amount of people that go? I just dont know about spending $55 for the WAC'd membership to spend $125 on a gun. QUOTE]

Same here, I’ll be hitting the next show looking for private seller on a 10/22 or Marlin 60.

I have a Marlin 795 with about 50 rounds through it I'll trade for a descent ruger 10/22.

amzbrady

When I went to the monroe one like 3 or 4 weeks ago, they said it would be $55 for the membership. Some guy in a cowboy hat at the entrance. I just think its a rook, gotta have a membership to buy or sell, and thats WAC'd. Do you have to pay a table fee per table or per spot, to set a table up and sell? It's all about the money...

dizzle2

When I went to the monroe one like 3 or 4 weeks ago, they said it would be $55 for the membership. Some guy in a cowboy hat at the entrance. I just think its a rook, gotta have a membership to buy or sell, and thats WAC'd. Do you have to pay a table fee per table or per spot, to set a table up and sell? It's all about the money...
i think ur right. its a load of bs.

SpyderTattoo

I happen to work security for the Washington Arms Collectors. It is a private club. Yes, if you want a table there it will cost you. Yes, to buy a firearm there you must be a member. You can purchase anything else there besides a firearm without becoming a member.

The $55 is a prorated membership fee. This gets you your membership for the remainder of this year, and through December of 2011. Normally the membership fee is $35.00 for one year.

This is the way it has been for decades. It's not BS, how do you think the club pays to rent the facilities so that people have a gunshow to go to?

You don't need to rent a table if you're a private seller who just wants to try and make a deal with someone.

The guy at the Monroe show with the cowboy hat has nothing to do with WAC, he's helping with promoting James Watkins who is running for office. They have their table out at the front entrance, by the tie-table.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I happen to work security for the Washington Arms Collectors. It is a private club. Yes, if you want a table there it will cost you. Yes, to buy a firearm there you must be a member. You can purchase anything else there besides a firearm without becoming a member.

The $55 is a prorated membership fee. This gets you your membership for the remainder of this year, and through December of 2011. Normally the membership fee is $35.00 for one year.

This is the way it has been for decades. It's not BS, how do you think the club pays to rent the facilities so that people have a gunshow to go to?

You don't need to rent a table if you're a private seller who just wants to try and make a deal with someone.

The guy at the Monroe show with the cowboy hat has nothing to do with WAC, he's helping with promoting James Watkins who is running for office. They have their table out at the front entrance, by the tie-table.

How does the show in Chehalis pay to rent the facilities they are in without a membership and are they affiliated with the NRA also? They seem to do ok. Maybe they dont have to pay...
WAC Officers

President
Leland Bull

Vice President
John Rodabaugh (425) 742-9112

Past President
Joe Waldron (425) 985-4867

Treasurer
Lance Barton (425) 255-8410

Secretary
J. W. Mathews (206) 723-8746

WAC Board of Directors

Tim McCullough
Terry Macleod
Jim Weaver
Bill Burris
Lyle Ohm
Harry Blakeman
Dave Workman
Jim Williams
(425) 255-8410
(206) 799-8384

(425) 255-8410
(253) 661-1351
(425) 255-8410
(425) 255-8410
(425) 454-4911
(253) 841-7113

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Committee Chair-persons

Audit
Louis Monson

Building Fund
Jim Williams : (253) 841-7113

By-Laws and Resolutions
Leland Bull: (206) 324-6709

Comm. and Computer Systems
Rick Brooker: (253) 922-0287

Display and Awards
Leland Bull: (206) 324-6709

Education and Training
Jason Goertz: (206) 579-6266

Elections
Cynthia Lange

Finance
vacant

General Operations
vacant

Legislative
Joe Waldron: (425) 985-4867

Membership Development
Bill Burris: (253) 843-2994

Public Affairs
Joe Waldron: (425) 985-4867

Publications
Dave Workman
Bill Burris

Event Coordinator
Robert Johnson (office): (425) 255-8410

Advertising and Promotion
Dan Frank: (253) 858-1442

Special Projects and Fundraising
vacant

Equipment Manager
John Hilsendeger

Seems like an awful lot of people to rent a building to sell guns in.

SpyderTattoo

I really don't understand the criticism... It is a private club. I can't speak for other organizations. The WAC puts on the largest gunshow in the NW. They have been around since 1952. It is what it is. If you don't like it, go to some other show.

This has been discussed here before. You think it doesn't cost anything to run the largest show in Wa?

Just because you don't like something does not mean that it's BS. There are many MANY people (since 1952) that would disagree with you.

I believe that the show in Chehalis probably pays for their show the same way we do... Ticket sales and table rentals.

Last edited: