Thread: WM Greeter

WM Greeter

Sunday afternoon, my wife and I were at the Wal-Mart portrait studio in West Plains. After we were done with the photos, I stepped over to grab a cart. The studio is located right beside the front door, through which I had entered. As I got a cart, the greeter says "Welcome to Wal-Mart". I told him thanks and then he said something about my weapon. I asked him what he said and walked over to him. He asked "Is your gun unloaded?" I replied "No", He then asked "Are you law enforcement" I didn't answer but said "What difference would that make" Him "Well, I'm aware of people...and what if your gun gets bumped" I informed him that it would be no problem and left. I was awaiting the "No guns permited" lecture but it never came. The greeter seemed like a very nice and polite man and I hope that he will do a little research.
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

You must have been carrying a Glock because it is common knowledge that the ceramic Glocks can pass through airport security undetected and almost always go off when slightly bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by HYRYSC View Post
    You must have been carrying a Glock because it is common knowledge that the ceramic Glocks can pass through airport security undetected and almost always go off when slightly bumped.
    i would lay odds he was carrying a 1911. PT frowns at Glocks.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by patriotthad View Post
    Sunday afternoon, my wife and I were at the Wal-Mart portrait studio in West Plains. After we were done with the photos, I stepped over to grab a cart. The studio is located right beside the front door, through which I had entered. As I got a cart, the greeter says "Welcome to Wal-Mart". I told him thanks and then he said something about my weapon. I asked him what he said and walked over to him. He asked "Is your gun unloaded?" I replied "No", He then asked "Are you law enforcement" I didn't answer but said "What difference would that make" Him "Well, I'm aware of people...and what if your gun gets bumped" I informed him that it would be no problem and left. I was awaiting the "No guns permited" lecture but it never came. The greeter seemed like a very nice and polite man and I hope that he will do a little research.
    Sheesh where do they find these people...
    "I'm aware of people, what if your gun gets bumped?" Seriously? Ok, mister smarty-pants, what if the same happens to a LEO?

Just goes to show that when we think we've heard all of the ignorance related to carry that something else just happens to be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by HYRYSC View Post
    If I was a betting person I would bet that Thad was carrying a 1911. I have never seen him with anything else. It was a wonder that the greeter didn't notice that it was cocked and locked. That would have caused a heart attack right then and there.