• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WM Greeter

patriotthad

Sunday afternoon, my wife and I were at the Wal-Mart portrait studio in West Plains. After we were done with the photos, I stepped over to grab a cart. The studio is located right beside the front door, through which I had entered. As I got a cart, the greeter says "Welcome to Wal-Mart". I told him thanks and then he said something about my weapon. I asked him what he said and walked over to him. He asked "Is your gun unloaded?" I replied "No", He then asked "Are you law enforcement" I didn't answer but said "What difference would that make" Him "Well, I'm aware of people...and what if your gun gets bumped" I informed him that it would be no problem and left. I was awaiting the "No guns permited" lecture but it never came. The greeter seemed like a very nice and polite man and I hope that he will do a little research.

HYRYSC

You must have been carrying a Glock because it is common knowledge that the ceramic Glocks can pass through airport security undetected and almost always go off when slightly bumped.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Sunday afternoon, my wife and I were at the Wal-Mart portrait studio in West Plains. After we were done with the photos, I stepped over to grab a cart. The studio is located right beside the front door, through which I had entered. As I got a cart, the greeter says "Welcome to Wal-Mart". I told him thanks and then he said something about my weapon. I asked him what he said and walked over to him. He asked "Is your gun unloaded?" I replied "No", He then asked "Are you law enforcement" I didn't answer but said "What difference would that make" Him "Well, I'm aware of people...and what if your gun gets bumped" I informed him that it would be no problem and left. I was awaiting the "No guns permited" lecture but it never came. The greeter seemed like a very nice and polite man and I hope that he will do a little research.

Sheesh where do they find these people...
"I'm aware of people, what if your gun gets bumped?" Seriously? Ok, mister smarty-pants, what if the same happens to a LEO?

Just goes to show that when we think we've heard all of the ignorance related to carry that something else just happens to be brought up.

You must have been carrying a Glock because it is common knowledge that the ceramic Glocks can pass through airport security undetected and almost always go off when slightly bumped.

If I was a betting person I would bet that Thad was carrying a 1911. I have never seen him with anything else. It was a wonder that the greeter didn't notice that it was cocked and locked. That would have caused a heart attack right then and there.