• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit Required?

protias

My .357 saved my bacon in Florida during an attempted carjacking, I would like to have the legal ability to defend myself while in my vehicle while in my home state too.
I forget, does FL allow all people to "carry" in their vehicles without a permit?

johnny amish

The Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association always seems to show up at the Capitol to testify against Brady (Joyce Foundation) firearm control efforts. The other hunting groups, not so much. Remember, if they support us, they will expect our support.

http://www.wbha.us.com/

Many of us do support them or know other friends who do. I am willing to bet that most of us would be willing to send e-mails or make some phone calls on their behalf.

Captain Nemo

I'm with bnh. When I reflect on all the progress that has been made, not only in Wisconsin but throughout the country during the past two years, I am convinced repeal of 941.23 CAN HAPPEN. Two State justices are on record that it is unconstitutional. That in itself should be encouraging.

Spartacus

Banned
the right of the people to keep and bear arms,

What does this mean?

People are allowed and not hindered from owning or carrying arms.

shall not be infringed.

What does this mean?

People can carry how and where they please

You did good up until that last bit.

The people cannot carry "how and where they please". The federal government left it up to the states to determine the details of the how, why and when. It is up to WE THE PEOPLE to elect legislators that vote according to our wishes concerning the how, why and when. Up until this point it has been a certain way; after the next elections it may be another way but WE THE PEOPLE have determined it through our elected congress.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
For over 10 years multiple attemps have been made to get ccw and failed, Our legislators had their chance, Now it's our turn, I agree with bnh and Captain Nemo it's time to stop going for the hind quarter and go straight for the jugular.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Heres my work. Deal with that.
So your work is pontificating and disseminating incorrect information?

The people cannot carry "how and where they please". The federal government left it up to the states to determine the details of the how, why and when. It is up to WE THE PEOPLE to elect legislators that vote according to our wishes concerning the how, why and when. Up until this point it has been a certain way; after the next elections it may be another way but WE THE PEOPLE have determined it through our elected congress.
Déjà vu. We went over this last night, and you are STILL wrong. No matter how many times you type it or how loud you say it.

Tell me how the federal government left it up to the states to "regulate" a right. Rightfully the right is ours, not the states and not the federal government. That means the state and the federal government aren't supposed to be able to regulate it. Read the 9th amendment!

Furthermore, the federal government trumps the states any time they get a chance. Can you tell me how they got away with the GFSZ?

We the people through apathy and usurpation haven't determined a heck of a lot of anything for a long time.

I know it's been asked many times before but really, what part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Do you know WHY the founders put that little gem in there? Have you read the English bill of rights or Blackstone?

You talk about younger members and those without a high post count not listening and acting like they know it all. YOU, my friend, need to follow your own advice.

protias

How is "shall not be infringed" left up to the states?

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Since there is NO SUCH THING as Constitutional Carry it has been left to the sovereign states to determine the details of gun ownership and use.. That is why carry is different in EVERY state, even the ones some of you call Constitutional, AZ, VT and AL... they vary in details as to how they restrict and regulate carry.

The right is guaranteed without infringement to keep and bear arms both in the second amendment and for us art 1 Sec 25, so its just a semantic misunderstanding and continual parroting of the term "Constitutional Carry" and "infringement" that has so many deluded in thinking that there is some nebulous "right" that we have lost and need to regain. Witness this big baby sitting in his high chair:

Baby: Whaaaa!!! I want Constitutional Carry!!!

Mother: What is it?

Whaaaa!!! I don't know but I want it!!

Why?

Whaaaa!!! Someone told me I could have it so I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

But what is it?

Whaaaaa!!! I don't know but it sounds really, really good!!!!!

The baby's problem is that there is no such thing, and wanting something that does not exist in reality will only frustrate him.

Permitting or no permitting we will still have the right to keep and bear arms so thats not the argument. the argument seems to be that some folks here just plain don't like the government telling them what to do at all, and who does? But they do, don't they? And they will continue to do so as all governments down through time have done.

SprayAndPray

In CT, we have a permit required to purchase and carry a handgun. It is 'shall issue' and is required to carry OC or CC.

It is a mess. Do not concede to a permit system. Dig your feet in and fight for what is right.

When did CT become Shall Issue?

CT is a may issue state that treats it like a shall issue, but the board of firearms permits examiners proves it is not shall issue (unless they changes something in the last 2 years)

Spartacus

Banned
When did CT become Shall Issue?

CT is a may issue state that treats it like a shall issue, but the board of firearms permits examiners proves it is not shall issue (unless they changes something in the last 2 years)

When I got my permit 20 years ago or so I had to write a statement expressing my need for a concealed carry permit to my local sheriff. I would consider that may issue unless it has changed.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
You don't need a permit to exercise a right!

as I stated above, you do not need a permit to exercise a right plain and simple...... Anything else is null and void in my opinion and only creates criminals out of those who are normally and RIGHTFULLY law abiding citizens.

protias

Since there is NO SUCH THING as Constitutional Carry it has been left to the sovereign states to determine the details of gun ownership and use.. That is why carry is different in EVERY state, even the ones some of you call Constitutional, AZ, VT and AL... they vary in details as to how they restrict and regulate carry.
You must have confused "shall not be infringed" with all the things the government (both federal and state) have done to infringe upon our rights.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Sovereign states? Now there is something that doesn't exist (unfortunately). You say there is no such thing as constitutional carry and I say there is no such thing as sovereign states. They are the same argument

The right is guaranteed without infringement to keep and bear arms both in the second amendment and for us art 1 Sec 25, so its just a semantic misunderstanding and continual parroting of the term "Constitutional Carry" and "infringement" that has so many deluded in thinking that there is some nebulous "right" that we have lost and need to regain. Witness this big baby sitting in his high chair:

It's pretty clear that we've lost the right for all intents an purposes. What about Illinois? What about DC? Please make an argument that's backed up with facts and makes sense. Is that too much to ask?

[snip for worthless drivel]

The baby's problem is that there is no such thing, and wanting something that does not exist in reality will only frustrate him.

What? Like sovereign states?

Permitting or no permitting we will still have the right to keep and bear arms so thats not the argument. the argument seems to be that some folks here just plain don't like the government telling them what to do at all, and who does? But they do, don't they? And they will continue to do so as all governments down through time have done.

It is the argument. If THEY tell you you can only exercise your right in the circumstances that they wish, it is no right at all.

If I give you permission to walk across my property, is it suddenly your right to do so? Nope, I can revoke that permission anytime I choose just like the state can do the same with your permit.

You were just telling us in your last post that WE THE PEOPLE tell the government what to do so are you now saying that we are telling the government what to do to us and not liking it?

Wow, you sure like to change direction.........

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
as I stated above, you do not need a permit to exercise a right plain and simple...... Anything else is null and void in my opinion and only creates criminals out of those who are normally and RIGHTFULLY law abiding citizens.

Then go ahead and conceal carry into a courthouse right now and see where it gets you.

Spartacus

Banned
You were just telling us in your last post that WE THE PEOPLE tell the government what to do so are you now saying that we are telling the government what to do to us and not liking it?

What is so hard about understanding that politicians are a pack of liars?

We elect them based on their promises of smaller government and then they create a bigger bureaucracy and make more laws. I never said I liked it.

The work you do here is piss everyone off, insult people, and derail threads. That alone destroys any good you do. Don't like it? Don't like what I have to say? Then stand aside.